Chapter 24 || Magical Evenings

⚜⚜⚜

⚜⚜⚜

He already knows that my love is fire

His heart was a stone, but then his hands roam

I turned him to gold and it took him higher

~Roses

⚜⚜⚜

Rose protested against Evelyn once again as Evelyn continued to torture her face with some more powders and creams. It had been almost an hour since Evelyn had taken control of her make-up and hair. Rose had insisted on minimal make-up reasoning that it was no one except family tonight attending. But Evelyn had successfully shut her up reminding the extended family and her parents visiting.

Finally Evelyn allowed her to open her eyes and see herself in mirror. Rose gasped, making sure that the person in mirror was her. Evelyn hadn't done any flashy make-up; just using some concealer and blush to accentuate Rose's original beauty. She rolled up her hair and braided her front hair and continued the braid around her head, baby hair adorning her face. 

Slipping on her dress, she turned to Evelyn. Isa was dressed up in a pink netted frock with her hair left open and she was looking like an angel truly. Evelyn was wearing a light blue gown which fit her snugly in her waist and flowed down in waves. She had gone for a light make up as well and had done a half up hairdo. Rose picked up the bracelet given by Valentina and clasped it on as well as Ian's necklace. Together they walked down the stairs, and the moment they appeared, silence spread through the hall.

The main hall had been cleared and a large chandelier hung down the ceiling, while smaller chandeliers covered the rest. The place resembled the old fashion ballroom but dances were yet to start. The hall was already crowded, with guests chatting in small groups and footmen serving. The De Costa's had invited their extended family and a few close friends.  

Ian was stunned as he gazed up at Rose. Rose's dress was silver in the upper half and faded into light pink by the ends. Glitter sparkled over the dress and her arms, and a long tail of dress followed her as she descended the stairs. She looked absolutely heavenly in that dress and Ian couldn't take his eyes off her. 

At the foot of the steps stood her family and Rose quickly hugged her father and her mother. Wishing them 'Merry Christmas', they were interrupted when Isa demanded that she wanted to meet her grandpapa. Mr. Rodriguez immediately took Isa in his arms and a warm smile came on his face and Rose was surprised when Mrs. Rodriguez mirrored his expression. 

As the family greetings finished, Mr. De Costa walked up the stairs with his wife and clinked his glass. With his arm around Valentina he began, "Thank you all for coming today and to spend a lovely evening with us. On this occasion I would like to raise a toast to my angel granddaughter, Isadora, the ray of moonlight in our dark night, and truly a gift of the moon." Everyone raised their glasses and drank, "A very Merry Christmas to all of you and we hope you will enjoy the evening."