Chapter 16 || A Little Glimpse

⚜⚜⚜

⚜⚜⚜

Payback is a bad bitch

And baby, I'm the baddest

~Sorry Not Sorry

⚜⚜⚜

Rose had skipped school on Monday, but she had been woken up by Ian the next day.

He had looked her in the eye and told her, "Rose, you are not just a victim but also a warrior. If you keep skipping school like this and not fight back; you are letting them win. That's why they did all of this, to shut you up, to frighten you. If you let them win, you let them get away with his murder. Love, I know you are strong enough to do this and I am going to be there with you always, I wont leave your side, I promise. Now come on get up, coz that's what Queens do."

Here she was, walking through the hallways with Ian by her side. He had literally kept his promise and had changed his timetable to match hers. They both had avoided lunch and had just once seen all of them except Chris together. Chris was still hospitalized and everyone was told that he was cornered by a few gang members. 

The rest of student body had believed that and no one knew what had happened. Landon had let the people go only when every video and photo had been deleted, and kept the best video with him to be used later. 

Rose had covered up her bruises with makeup. She would not show that she was broken, that she was beaten down, that they broke her. She will not show any weakness. She will not show that they were able to break her.

So she walked through the hallways, her head held high. Ian was proud of her, to be able to be strong even after so much had happened. It made him want to hide her away so that she would never have to be strong alone again. 

But even though Rose acted like she wasn't broken down; inside she was. Broken down to pieces, pulled apart at the seams. Her own skin didn't feel her own, every touch except Ian's made her flinch and every uncovered skin made her uncomfortable. Every brush of shoulder in hallway or accidental crash with someone made her tremble. She hadn't slept for the last few nights, woken up by nightmares. 

But she felt grateful for Ian. He had stayed with her every night and put her back to sleep whenever she woke up frightened. He had made sure that she wouldn't harm herself anymore or that she ate properly. 

Just like last year, she thought.

They entered his apartment to find Landon already there. Landon had placed papers on the table and a pen drive. 

"What are those, Landon?" Ian asked on behalf of both of them.

"Nate checked on Stephanie Williams and he was able to get the confession. The written," he pointed at the papers, "And spoken confession." he pointed towards the pen drive.