012 repercussions

CHAPTER TWELVE
( repercussions )

SEPT 23, 2149DAY ELEVEN ON THE GROUND

SEPT 23, 2149
DAY ELEVEN ON THE GROUND

"BRING OUT THE GIRL, BELLAMY!"

Murphy's outraged shouts of ill-intended demands had not ceased since the moment Bellamy, Clarke, Dakota, Finn, and Charlotte had disappeared into a large tent; wracking their brains as they tried to understand the horrific situation. The brunette boy's calls from outside were vicious, wanting nothing more than to get his hands on the young child and kill her. Dakota paced lightly around the confined space as she raked her fingers through her messy hair, subconsciously beginning to braid it; something she sometimes does when nervous.

"Why, Charlotte?" Bellamy interrogated, stress overwhelming his words.

"Because, I was just trying to slay my demons, like you told me!" she expressed, Dakota internally groaning when she realized what it was her tiny former-student was referring to.

"What the hell is she talking about?" Clarke demanded, leaning forward as Bellamy turned to face her with a panicked and mildly helpless air on his features.

"S-she misunderstood me. Charlotte, that is not what I meant."

"Bring the girl out now!" Murphy's voice rang out again, growing more and more ferocious with each new scream; their heads snapping towards the unsettling noise.

"Please don't let them hurt me!" Charlotte whimpered, her tearful eyes fixated on Bellamy; her trust obviously having been put primarily in him.

"If you guys have any bright ideas, speak up." Bellamy looked to Dakota, Clarke, and Finn; desperation written across his face.

Dakota was urgently trying to force any possible solutions or even temporary deterrents into her head, only coming up with giving Charlotte all of Murphy's chores and duties along with her own; which she knew was a bad idea that would not suffice and Murphy would never go for. Bellamy was aggravated when they had no response.

"Now you stay quiet?"

"Those are your boys out there." Finn retorted, Bellamy quickly growing defensive as he snapped back angrily; the Thompson girl gulping, not thinking Finn should be placing blame on him.

"This is not my fault! If she had listened to me, those idiots would still be building the wall!"

Dakota shot a sympathetic stare to Clarke, who looked so stressed out and regretful that she might collapse at any moment. No, she didn't agree with the Griffin girl's decision to confront Murphy on the spot, but she also didn't think Clarke should be carrying all this on her shoulders. It was an unimaginable situation, and Wells was her best friend. How could she possibly be expected to sit still when they thought they had rock solid evidence? She didn't mean for any of this to ever happen; none of them did.