033 float yourself

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
( float yourself )

OCT 9, 2149DAY TWENTY SEVEN ON THE GROUND

OCT 9, 2149
DAY TWENTY SEVEN ON THE GROUND

BELLAMY BLAKE HAD SPENT HALF THE DAY STEWING OVER WHAT HAD BEEN BROKEN in he and his sister's relationship since their arrival on earth, and the other half being thoroughly annoyed by Raven Reyes.

First, he'd had to convince her not to run away; baffled that one of the most undeniably brilliant people he'd ever met could even consider something so stupid. Then, because he had given her one measly compliment- though it was sincere- she had apparently decided that meant they were friends; having shown up in his tent for the sole purpose of wanting to rant to him about her ex-boyfriend. He had assured her she'd mistaken him for someone who cared and that she needed to move on. Then she proceeded to enlist him into helping her 'move on', the boy being forced into giving her the run down on anyone available for her to sleep with in the camp. She had wanted to make sure she didn't hook up with someone whose crime was murder, and knew he knew most of their stories by this point, making him a good person to ask.

Thankfully, she had disappeared with a very lucky Xavier shortly after that, and now Bellamy was patrolling the inside of the walls to make sure everyone was doing their assigned jobs. He nodded to and thanked every hunter as they slowly returned in their designated groups, wether they had managed to retrieve food or not; they had risked their lives, and they were owed some gratitude for that alone.

He paused his relaxed amble, observing from afar with furrowed features as Octavia sat elevated on a watch post; staring out at the darkened forest with an empty look washed over her features. Her eyes were vacant and distant; his heart troubled and worried. They'd been on the rocks since their gigantic fight long ago, but ever since the virus had swept over the camp, his baby sister seemed gone. He had no idea what had changed or happened on that day, but knew he wasn't the only one noticing the drastic shift in her demeanor. She was a vague shadow of herself, half numb and half struggling to hold on, and it drove him nuts he didn't even understand what was causing her such pain. He had no way to make it better for her; he'd lost having a grasp on her life completely.

"Rapunzel in her tower, huh?" a familiar voice cut through his brooding thoughts; Bellamy turning his head as he grew instantly frustrated. Murphy.

The brunette boy was working on gutting a silver-hued fish with his bare hands; pulling its pink and red insides out to prepare for its roasting over one of their hot campfires.

"I'd avoid talking about my sister if I were you." Bellamy asserted menacingly, features hard towards the teenager; who merely chuckled with a shrug.

"I'm just saying if you love her so much, why don't you let her go off and be free with her grounder boyfriend?"

The Blake boy's jaw greatly tightened, a fleeting flash of regret shining in Murphy's irises as Bellamy stormed over the few steps between them; now standing directly on the other side of the wooden table his fish was on with a dangerous mien.