005 little killer and the brave princess

CHAPTER FIVE
( little killer and the brave princess )

CHAPTER FIVE( little killer and the brave princess )

SEPT 14, 2149
DAY TWO ON THE GROUND

THE LONG JOURNEY BACK TO THE DROP SHIP WAS SILENT AND MISERABLE, THE TENSE ATMOSPHERE filled with words unsaid as they all tried to comprehend what had just happened; unable to fully wrap their brains around it.

At some point, Dakota's sobs had ceased; the others having been forced to listen to her choke on her own snot and tears for so long. Her florid cheeks were left sticky with fallen tears, her usually joyous face cold and somber. Octavia had an arm slung around both Monty and Dakota, the two friends on either side of her as they helped her all the way back to camp; the girl's leg in much worse shape than before, after having run so vigorously on it.

"Can we take a break?" the Blake girl mumbled tiredly, Dakota pulling her arm more securely onto her shoulder; grunting as she supported Octavia further, trying to ease her pain as best as she could.

"No." Clarke denied her request, knitting her brows at the clamor in the near distance.

"Cause we're here."

After what felt like an eternity, they reached the camp, emerging from the lush forest only to find two of the teenagers fighting with each other; one of them unexpectedly being Wells, and the other being the same boy who had purposefully injured his ankle the previous day.

"Wells!" Clarke barked angrily, appalled the generally level-headed boy was engaging in such a thing; much less being the one winning the alleged brawl, holding a knife dangerously close to his opponent's throat.

"Let him go!" she demanded, the Jaha boy shoving him harshly to the ground per her request, which was not well received by the brunette who hopped instantly back up to his feet; charging at him in a rage.

"Woah, hey!" Bellamy shouted, throwing himself between the two as he roughly grasped onto the boy's shoulders; holding him steady as he prevented him from going back after Wells, Dakota finally able to identify him once Bellamy used his name.

"Enough, Murphy!"

His gaze then collided with his sister, alarm and acute concern flooding his face when he saw her limping, Monty and Dakota gingerly trying to help her down the hill.

"Octavia!" he called, promptly rushing over to her and relieving Dakota and Monty of their duties; swiftly wrapping his arm around her waist as he hoisted her effortlessly over the log standing in her way.

"Are you alright?" his voice was much softer this time, watching her intently for a response.

"Yeah." she winced, out of breath.

Bellamy's stare briefly flickered over to each of the returning members, finding Dakota's eyes puffy and swollen; tear tracks visible on her face beneath the sun's gentle rays. She looked completely different from the giggling girl who had been blathering on about plants when she had departed yesterday.