035 something out of a fairytale

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
( something out of a fairytale )

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE( something out of a fairytale )

OCT 9, 2149
DAY TWENTY SEVEN ON THE GROUND

tw!
okay so i normally don't post trigger warnings in chapters, since i have them in the introduction and you are all well aware the 100 is a fairly violent show, but this chapter gets pretty intense so i felt I should. trigger warnings are for s*xual assault, and mental & physical abuse. please read with caution if these are sensitive subjects for you. all the love <3

HEART ━━━
SLEEPING AT LAST

" like the world makes sense from your
window seat. you are beautiful
like i've never seen. "

DAKOTA THOMPSON WAS ATTEMPTING WHAT HAD TO BE HER DUMBEST IDEA YET. She was hobbling slowly towards the gate, knowing the fact that she was up and walking right now was the exact opposite of what her fragile body needed, and she felt her bad decision in the pain that was shooting through her with every step she took.

That wasn't the dumb part, though.

The dumb part was the way she was practically inviting death to take her right after she'd just managed to be miraculously rescued by her friends. She was going to tell Fallon the whole truth, and in doing so, knew the likelihood of being murdered on the spot by the hotheaded blonde might genuinely get her killed. But Dakota was frankly sick of lying to her, and Fallon had risked her life today to save her; she deserved to know the reality of what had happened that night.

She finally reached where the Walsh girl was sitting just outside the camp, back against the wall and twirling a sharp knife in her fingers. Dakota leaned against the open gate with a loud wince, holding up her swollen arm with her other, highly weak one.

"What do you want, Thompson?" she questioned tonelessly, never moving her gaze from the woods; noticing the dark-haired girl from her peripheral vision.

"Can I sit down, please?" Dakota wheezed, greatly regretting not waiting until morning to do this; her chest on fire.

"Nope. Scram." she simply denied.

"I brought you moonshine."

Only then did Fallon turn her head to her, eyeing the silver flask sticking halfway out of Dakota's pocket before speaking again.

"Fine."

Dakota nodded, out of breath. She slowly lowered herself down next to the girl with a pained whimper; sighing in utter relief when she was able to relax comfortably against the wall. Fallon aggressively snatched the beverage from her pocket before the girl had the chance to pull it out and formally offer it to her, quickly untwisting the metal cap and bringing it to her lips; guzzling a few sips a with a hefty exhale afterwards. They sat like this in silence for a beat, Dakota furrowing her brows with her features contorted in great unease; deciding the only way to do this was to just do it.