042 maunkru

CHAPTER FORTY TWO
( maunkru )

OCT 12 & 13, 2149DAYS THIRTY & THIRTY ONE ON THE GROUND

OCT 12 & 13, 2149
DAYS THIRTY & THIRTY ONE ON THE GROUND

ALL I WANT
━━━ KODALINE

" i lay in tears in bed all night,
alone without you by my side. "

'THE PROBLEM' MONTY HAD BEEN REFERRING TO WHEN HE RIPPED DAKOTA AWAY FROM the stranger she was chatting with in the kitchen was Clarke Griffin.

She had apparently stolen Maya's key card and sprinted through the facility in desperate search of a way out. Jasper had managed to stop her from pulling a lever that would've flooded Mount Weather with enough radiation to kill every mountain person inhabiting it; it would've been devastating. The girl had allegedly melted into tears before giving up, the guards quickly taking her into their custody and hauling her off to President Dante's office, which was about an hour ago. Now, Dakota sat patiently on the edge of the blonde's made up bed; awaiting her return.

The second Clarke walked back through the doors, she paused with a gulp; earning looks from several of the 48, many of them diverting their gazes and traveling away from her. She relaxed a little when she saw the sympathetic smile Dakota sent her from where she was sitting on her bed. Awkwardly, she shuffled over, plopping down next to her with a small sigh; hands folded in her lap. There was a long beat.

"Are you okay? Jasper said the guards tackled you. You're not hurt, right?" the Thompson girl first verified, glancing her over once, though she seemed unharmed; physically.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Clarke answered wearily, shoulders sagging.

Dakota blinked at her staring vacantly ahead, twisting her lips to the side before scooting closer to her; wrapping her nearest arm lovingly around the girl.

"We're gonna get them back, I know it." she assured in a quiet whisper.

"How are we supposed to do that if they won't let us leave?"

Besides Finn— who she had a highly complicated relationship with— Clarke hadn't truly gotten any physical affection from anyone on the ground; and this didn't help when she had fallen into a beyond stressful position of leadership. The only person who seemed in tune with the reality of her mental health, and always miraculously knew what she needed was Dakota. And for right now, she let the 'leadership' side of things melt away. Around Dakota, she could allow herself to just be a 17 year old girl.

"We'll talk to Dante, figure something out."

"Don't you think I've been trying that?" Clarke shakily questioned.