072 wanheda

CHAPTER SEVENTY TWO
( wanheda )

JAN 27, 2150DAY ONE HUNDRED THIRTY SEVEN ON THE GROUND

JAN 27, 2150
DAY ONE HUNDRED THIRTY SEVEN ON THE GROUND

A TRACKING BEACON FROM THE ARK HAD STOLEN THEIR FLEETING MOMENT OF FUN WITHIN MINUTES.

A friendly-sounding chime caught Raven's attention over the blaring music still ruling the delinquents, and almost instantly the song had been shut off, the brakes hit on the rover, and Helios and Octavia had come to a screeching halt in the dead grass beside them.

Monty's eyes went round. "A tracking beacon from the Ark!"

"Hey, that was the best part." Jasper sighed, returning from his spot in the open roof; everyone quickly rising from their seats and huddling in around Raven to get a view of the tiny screen.

"Who is it?" Bellamy eagerly asked.

"Your mom." Fallon gave a lopsided grin.

A small snort unintentionally slipped from Miller, but the boy quickly shook his head and cleared his throat; forcing his expression to sober. "Fallon his mom is dead. You can't say that."

"So what?" she shrugged. "All our moms are dead."

Miller paused, mulling it over before nodding with a hum and raised brows. "Huh. That's true."

"Could you two shut up long enough to look at this?" Bellamy snapped, jaw tightening when Fallon patted him roughly on the shoulder.

"Oh calm down, Tinkerbell. Have a little pixie dust and lighten the hell up."

The pixilated letters finally flashed up on the smudged screen. FARM STATION.

Immediately, Bellamy's caring eyes were on Dakota beside him. That was her home. That was where she had grown up, learned, loved— celebrated life with Jasper and Monty and Lowis. He watched her observe the screen for a long time, wondering if she would look over at him too; thinking the same thing. He searched for any sort of surprise or hurt on her features, but nothing seemed to appear; the unfazed girl keeping her steady eyes on the screen.

But Monty wasn't unfazed— his brows furrowed and his face melted into one of a dozen different emotions. "Farm station." he breathed.

Miller shook his head, blinking and stammering as he gathered his thoughts. "A-after four months? How?"

Bellamy was serious now. "We'll find out. Where are they?"