Chapter 14: I'll Protect You Just Hold On

Bakugo Pov
We stare at the blue fire as it burns the trees. My body froze and I think Todoroki's one did too. The fire started moving faster towards us. UGHH WHY CAN'T I MOVE?!

The blue flames engulfed the trees surrounding us, the once pink and white flowers turned black with the bright blue hue. Once they started falling, I could get out of my trance and move.

I looked towards Todoroki who was still looking at the blue flames with wide open eyes. He was visibly shaking as distress pheromones were once again coming from him. In those eyes were tears, the same from eight years ago.

"Todoroki! TODOROKI!" I was panicking, trying to make him snap out of it. Tears threatening to fall at any moment.

"SHIT! SHO! SHOTO SNAP OUT OF IT!" The trees were creaking, sounding like they're about to fall. The branches started to fall with snapping noises. A branch with blue flames growing on it, fell in between us. As it was in mid air, I could feel the heat as it passes to face.

I jumped back from it while Todoroki just stood there as it almost hit him. I don't know what's up with him but I know we have to get of here.

A loud long creaking with the ruffling sound from leaves could be heard. I looked to the side of me and saw a big tree falling down in our direction. We could either die from being smashed by the tree or the blue flames on the tree.

I quickly used my quirk to boost me forward away from the tree. But before I could leave the area, I grabbed Todoroki who was still shaking. I took us far enough for us to not be breathing in the smoke.

"HEY! SNAP OUT OF IT PEP!" I shake his body, creating the tears to fall. Hearing that nickname, he blinked. He looked around with his eyes still wide open.

I place my hand on his cheek and wiped his tears away. He tensed up but relaxes when he realizes it's me. I pull him into a hug and released calming pheromones for him. I look back to the dying cherry blossoms trees. Well that's going in our many memories there.

I feel movement in arms and looked back at Todoroki. He laid the side of his head on my chest as he had his arms around me. He too was watching the cherry blossoms trees fall down while being engulfed with blue flames. His breathe was uneven. In his eyes held fear and sadness as tears let themselves fall down the stained cheeks. However, his shaking stopped.

I moved my gaze towards the trees as I ran my hand through his hair. Still soft and fluffy.

"touya...why..." He whispered well...barely whispered but I heard it. I looked down, about to ask him until I heard a chuckle from a distance.

"Awww.. How cute." A raspy voice said. Damn that person needs like cough drops for that throat of theirs. We both turned our heads towards the unknown figure.

I pulled my hand away from Todoroki's hair and pulled him behind me. I had a bad feeling that I know this person. "So you guys are really back together?! I thought it would be because you work together but not for this reason." I glared at the shadow approaching us. A low growl escaped my mouth as I heard branches snapping from the footsteps.

Out came the figure and the growl became louder. Dabi. "Well hello there little brother!" Wait..what? Brother? I looked behind me to see Todoroki with wide eyes and visibly shaking again.

"What do you want?!" I roughly said once I turn towards the beef jerky looking male. "I'm just here to grab my little brother. Ohhh Sho... Did you think you would get away from me by moving?" He snickered as he saw Todoroki's breath hitched. So that's why he moved.

I once again look back at Todoroki but in the corner of my eye I see someone else. Shit! A knife was thrown Todoroki's way. Luckily I blasted it away in time. I glared at the freaky girl Toga who was whining about how she missed.