Chapter 1: After 8 Years, We Meet Again

Bakugo POV
"Why....why Kat. Why did you do that to me then?!" I look up to see the person in front of me. Mismatched eyes stares right in my crimson red eyes with sadness and brokenness. Tears threatening to fall any moment. My eyes widen as he smiles though his heart is currently breaking into pieces because of me.

"Ahh.. I see now. It's alright. I guess it was fake all this time. I'll leave you alone then. See you...uhh...later I guess?" As he says that a tear falls. Wait..no! It wasn't! Please! Please it was a mistake! I promise I won't do it again!

But of course, I have no luck. He grabs his suitcase and walks towards the door. He's not really going to leave. Right? Wrong. Again. He twists the door knob and opens the door.

"Wait!" I finally say something. He stops his movement and turns his head around at an angle where I can only see his right eye. Ahhh..in those beautiful smoky gray eyes were tears. Tears stained on those cheeks I once held.

"I- I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. Just please. Please please please PLEASE! Come back! Come back inside and we can settle this." Tears were threatening to fall from my eyes now.

Distress pheromones were floating all over in the air. Especially from him.

"We're not going to do that again. Remember what happened the last time? Hm? It happened again. I'm tired of this, Kat. I-" he faces forward, not able to look at me anymore. "I'm leaving..goodbye Bakugo."

I froze. I haven't heard him say my last name from ages. Ever since I marked him, he's only called me 'Kat' or 'Katsuki'. Huh. I really did mess up.

He takes his step out the door. But before he leaves, he mutters "I thought you actually loved me." Then he proceeds to walk out the door. After doing so, he closes the door. Leaving me eyes widen with tears falling.

Wait....WAIT...NO-

"SHOTO!" I yelled as I pull myself into a sitting position. I look around the room, trying to find someone. Only to realize it was another one of those dreams. Hands goes to my head to rub my temples. It then goes into my hair, making my hair pull back.

"Ah. Stupid 18 year old me." I let my hands fall, only for them to move the blanket off of me. Once I'm out of bed, I walk to the bathroom. As I walk to my destination, I pass by the photo of me and Sho- I mean Todoroki. It was when we were at the park. The park...that was where I first saw him shed tears. I still remember to this day.

"I promise." I mutter to myself as I glance at the photo. I turn all my attention to the the bathroom. As I'm taking a shower, I think about the person that was supposed to be with me right now. Damn. I want to go back in time and change what happened. Oh, can't forget to punch myself.

Hmmm. I wonder how he's doing. Did he get a new mate? I don't think anyone has done that. It's like once you get marked, that's your mate for the rest of your life. Well, that's what I know from what I heard but the chance is like a 5% (i made that up) to find a new mate while being marked.

I heard he went to America with uhhhh...what's her name? Ohh! The female version of Bob the builder (i got this off the internet). I wonder if they're mates. But, she's a beta and he's an omega. But then again, the chance of a beta and omega getting together aren't that low. Well, he did say they were just best friends before. Yeah, before.

Ah..here I go with overthinking. How long have I been in here? Shit, 30 minutes. Fuck, I'm going to be late.

After finishing my shower, I go in my room to put on my hero suit. I leave my gauntlets off and put them in a duffle bag. Then I walk out of the room, with my duffle bag, and made coffee.

After the task of making coffee, I left the house. As I was driving to my agency I get a phone call from my agency. Huh. I wonder what they want.

"Yeah this is Ground Zero speaking." (i know his hero name is *SPOILER* dynamight but like im used to hearing ground zero) It took a while for a response until a female voice spoke. "Uhh. Sir, you have someone who wants to be a hero under your agency." Huh. Since when? (i can hear this in Chris hemsworth voice "shut up since uhh when☝️" if you know that interview I love you 💕)

"Alright. No need to tell me who it is. I'll see them soon." I sighed. Great another one that I have to teach to keep up with me.

"But sir, umm..." why'd she stop talking? "Yeah, I'm listening. Now hurry up and talk. I'm losing my patience here." My voice turns a bit harsh at the end.

"Umm..I think I should tell you who-" she starts but I interrupted her "Nah, I'll be fine."

"But sir, it's your-" Again I interrupt her. "I don't fucking care who it is. Just send them to my office and tell them I'll be there soon." She lets out a sigh. First, there were silence until she muttered an 'okay.'

I hang up as I enter the parking lot to my agency. I park in my normal parking lot, which was in the corner. I got out of the driver's seat and opened the back seat to get my duffle bag and a black coat. It's been sitting in my car ever since Shitty Hair married the Charger. 

After putting my black coat on, I walked into the building. I got some 'Hi', 'Hello', and 'Good morning' which I returned back. After doing my daily check in and getting ready, I walk towards my office. I see a sitting figure through the wooden blinds. That must be the new person.

I opened the door to be greeted with an oddly familiar scent. Strawberries. From what I can tell by their scent, this person is an omega. 'Great. Now I got to worry about their heat schedule.' Groaning, I walked to my desk and took off my coat to put hang it on my coat rack. The proceed to plopped myself onto the chair. Without looking up, I could feel eyes on me. I also smell...distress pheromones? Geez, I didn't even make eye contact with this person. And they're scared?

"Oi, why the fuck are you sending out so many pheromones? I don't even know...." I couldn't finish my sentence because once I look up, I freeze. My crimson red eyes look into those mismatched eyes I once used to look at 8 years ago.

"Sho?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n: hey peeps! i hope you like the story so far. sorry if it sucks. this is my first time writing a book. btw it's going to be omegaverse cause that adds more drama in a way. adios amigos      - Ryn✌️