Chapter 3: A Call To Save The Day

A/n: dear aot manga readers,
please stop. i beg mercy. as a manga reader who knows the ending, i do not want to be reminded of the pain. i would like to cope by forgetting it happened or through jokes. thus, please stop with the sad edits popping on my fyp. y'all make me cry every time i see them. yeah they're good edits but they hurt. i literally spend half of my time on tiktok, crying. also thanks for ruining songs for me :') jk those songs are good tho (ex. another love; i can always see a certain ship when i hear this song).
—————————————————————————————————————————————

Todoroki's Pov
"Alright." I say as he looks back down to the paper. I sat there waiting for him to ask a question. He takes a quick scan then looks back up. Our eyes meet again.

(okay so umm idk interview questions so these are going to be off the internet and sorry if my answers for it suck. i suck at answer questions like these💀)

"Let's start with this one. Tell me about yourself. Well..I'm mean uhhh. Let me rephrase that." He looked and seemed nervous. His once neutral face disappears again. This is...different? I look at him with confusion and a bit of judging plastered on my face. So much for 2nd best agency.

With a clearing of a throat, my face turns into a emotionless state. "What I meant to say is tell me about yourself after you graduated. Like what did you do during those 8 years."

Huh?

Is he trying to.. Oh I see what he's doing now. He's trying to find out what I did, isn't he? Although my face doesn't show it, I'm currently having a little panic about what I'm going to say. Should I tell him? Or should I not? Or do I tell him both of it? Arghh. Welp, here goes nothing.

"Well. After I graduated from UA, I moved to the U.S. with my friend Momo. We moved like weeks later after graduating. During those 8 years in the U.S., I learned many things such as the English language. I was in a hero agency and became the number two hero in America." Ohh how much I wanted to say the reason why I left in his face. But I can't be petty during an interview. Pouting a little to the thought, he let out a hum.

"How come you weren't the number one hero there? I'm pretty sure you could've been." I slightly froze to the comment. Those words...number one.. They remind me of.. oh not now. As I blink to take myself out of my trance, I think of a way to answer this question.

"Uhh, I... umm that's kind of personal, don't you think?" I try to hint. I mean he should know what I'm hinting at. To my luck, he understands which I'm thankful for. "Ahh. Right. Sorry I forgot." He gives a small nervous smile. Then he returns to look back down to the paper. However, this time he writes something. I'm guessing it's a quick note about my answer.

"Anything else? Like any friends or whatever?" He questions as he looks back up. He still has a pen in his hand. Its a blue Pilot G2 pen that's on the verge of dying (i love those pens). How is this guy the number two hero when he has a pen that could lose ink at any minute?"

"Uhhh, I made some friends that are and aren't heroes. I'm pretty sure that's it." That didn't feel like an interview would have. It feels like something you ask when you're checking up on someone. I didn't come here to waste my time for a 'check up'. I came here to get a job that I like to do. But I guess not. I softly sigh as he writes. Ugghh, I could've been home with-

"Why are you here?" he rudely says and rudely interrupts my thoughts. My eyes squints while my eyebrows are pushed down together, making me glare at him.

"Ah. Umm..sorry I worded it wrong." Well no shit. The glare on my face slowly softens into an expressionless face. "I mean to say, why did you chose this agency?" A much better question if you ask me.

"Well for one, it was in the top five. Two, it wasn't a high number as one where you'll get most of the attention. Three, I heard it was the number two hero's agency. Honestly didn't think it'll be you. Four, it's close to my apartment." (i'm sorry idk i made that up lmao) I replied with some attitude because he gave me some. So why not give him a taste of his own medicine?

I was honestly relieved when he gave a eye roll with a scoff. No more awkwardness? Ha. Wrong.

"Last but not least, what's your weakness." Just like that. The awkwardness comes back as I stare at him like he's a alien (he's a hot one then). Huh. How am I going to answer this with out exposing? To him, he probably thinks I'm trying to find a list of them. But I'm actually trying to find a way to avoid that path.

I guess I took too long because he called me..well...an nickname. "You okay there halfie?" Blinking while trying to process what he said.

"Hm? Oh. Yeah. I'm good." I try to reassure him but sounds like I'm reassuring myself. He slowly nods his head with an 'Okay' out of his mouth. I take a breathe in and then out. Alright, I can do this? I'm not sure but I have to hurry up.

"I-" With that, my phone rings.

I take out my phone to see the contact. Akira. What does he want now? I look back up to Bakugo with an raised eyebrow. "Haha..uhh...I gotta take this. It'll be quick though." His brown goes back to its original place. "Alright then. Make it quick." I let out a little huff.

I answer the call, only to hear someone shouting. I winced at the loud voice and turned my volume low (sorry todo that's me). "Wait now. Hold on. What did you say?" I try to hear the words again. Hoping it would be in a softer and more clearer voice. But to my no luck, it was still the shouting voice.

"Hey. Stop shouting. I can't hear a single word you're saying." Finally! Finally, the voice turns calmer and clearer. I listen to the words that's being said. "Alright. Okay. Just hold on. I'm almost done, right?" I look at Bakugo for an answer because I honestly don't know.

He only grunts. I'm taking that as a 'yes'. "I'm almost done. I'll come home soon. Just wait, alright?" I pause for a minute and then start talking again. "Okay bye." I cover my mouth and phone with my hand. "Love you. Bye now." I whisper into the phone.

After getting a response, I put my hand down and take the phone away from my ear to hang up. "Sorry about that." I let a little nervous laugh. "It's alright. Now, you still didn't answer my question." I gulped. Ughh. How am I supposed to say this? Oh- Wait.

"Just wait and you'll see." A small smirk crawled up to my face. He scoffs and a grin appears on his face. Oh and of course an eye roll to make a perfect match.

"Whatever. You're hired. You'll start tomorrow. If you have no weakness, you better keep up." That stupid shit eating smirk grows on his face (proof?). Oh hell nah. I ain't loosing to this dumbass.

"Awww. Are you mad that I didn't say it was you that's  my weakness? Come on. Just cause ya marked me doesn't mean you are." I snickered but stopped. Good job Shoto! You made it awkward!

There was nothing but the awkward silence filling the room. He had his right hand in his hair and looking off the the side. While I was playing with the hem of my shirt.

"Oh! Since we're done..well umm the interview.. I'll take my leave. Thanks and see you tomorrow. Bye." I break the silence and stand up to leave. "Yeah, bye.." He said in a soft tone.

Damn. I should've kept that to myself. Oops?

—————————————————————————————————————————————
A/n: sorry longer chapter! i wanted to fit this all in one chapter so yeah. i was gonna update earlier but i had practice and i was stuck on tiktok and crying cause aot so yeah lmao. i'll post later on tho. adios amigos
           -Ryn✌️