Na Jaemin: Late (NCT)ッ

Genre: Fluff 🌿

Y/n stood in the sun by the school gates, waiting for Jaemin. She had been waiting for him for about 20 minutes now. He had promised to walk her home after school today, so y/n waited for him.

She looked around, but he was nowhere to be found still.

She sighed and shifted her gaze to some flowers beside her. She crouched down and plucked one.

Y/n just stood there, in silence staring at the little pink flower in her hand until someone poked her head. She looked up.

There Jaemin stood with a smug grin on his face.

"Waiting for someone?"

He asked while smirking down at y/n. She rolled her eyes playfully as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Yeah, an idiot, who promised to walk me home, came 20 minutes late. Can you believe that?"

Jaemin fake gasped.

"What a prick! Forget about him then, and walk with me"

He held out his hand to her and smiled. Y/n chuckled, shook her head at him and eventually took his hand.

"You're an idiot"

Jaemin chuckled at her and they began walking down the road.

A comfortable silence fell upon them, as they walked through the calm streets. Their entwined hands slowly swung back and forth as they moved side by side.

"Why were you late though?"

Y/n broke the silence. Jaemin chuckled to himself before answering her question.

"Chenle had to copy my notes for the upcoming math test"

Y/n chuckled lowly.

"I see"

The comfortable silence appeared between the two again. They listened to the birds and the low sounds of cars, driving through the streets.

"Y/n?"

Y/n looked up at Jaemin.

"What is it?"

"I'm sorry for making you wait so long"

Jaemin looked guilty when he said it. Y/n was slightly shocked at his words.

"Oh don't worry. You had things to do, it's okay"

She looked up at him with a warm smile. He nodded at her words.

"It's just... I feel bad, because we had an agreement and-"

Before he could ramble further, y/n stopped walking and cut him off by reaching up to kiss his lips. He immediately shut up, and kissed back. They broke the kiss soon after.

"I said, it's okay Jaemin"

Y/n said with a warm smile. Jaemin smiled as well.

"Plus, I could easily walk home by myself, if you didn't show up. You don't need to be with me all the time baby"

Y/n said confidently to Jaemin beside her. He scoffed at her words.

"You wouldn't even survive an hour without me. You would miss me too much, wouldn't you y/n?"

He asked while doing aegyo. Y/n immediately cringed and covered her face in embarrassment.

"Ewww no stop it!"

"How mean!"

Jaemin said as he wiped fake tears from his eyes. Y/n giggled and hugged his arm.