SAY IT BACK

•{ELIJAH}•

                 •{ELIJAH}•

I was asleep when I had received a call from Kadence. Her voice was shaky causing me to become uneasy. It was as if water splashed all over me and my body jumped up. I was fully aware and awake.

"What is it? What is it?"

"Elijah, you need to get here now." She stops and sniffles before continuing. "I just came from the hospital. It's about Jada....." Before she could actually finish, I was already in a pair of clothes and packing. I had no time for this to sink in. I didn't even give myself the chance to cry. There was no time for worry and panic.

But I knew that shit would hit sometime.

                               •{JADA}•

I awoke to the sounds of machines beeping and the smell of hand sanitizer. My head stung as I raised it up a bit. I raised my hand to feel a white cloth wrapped around my head.

"Hold on. Don't try to move around," A nurse demanded.

I was blindsided by the sun peaking through the curtain. I covered my eyes and groaned from irritation.

"Miss, Campbell. Just relax."

My eyes watered from the pain and from being alone in a hospital bed. The nurse placed water in front of me.

"Tilt your head a bit. I'll fix up your pillows." She pulls my pillow up a bit and tilted the cup towards my mouth. I sipped some water before lying my head back onto the pillow. I sighed when I feel my body release any tension.

"What happened?"

The woman comes around the bed to grab her clipboard. "You hit your head and fell. No one was there until your friend, Kadence called 911. She talked to me earlier and said the door was left open." While she spoke of the recent event, the memory of leaving Elijah intruded my head.

The door slightly busted open and the man himself arrived by my side. His teary eyes were red and his nose was stuffy, red. "I-I got a call from Kadence a-about what happened." His voice was shaky and he sniffled between every word. He pulled his hair into his hands, wiping his cheeks.

"Who are you?" The woman asked.

"I'm her fiancé." My heart dropped at the name calling. I tried to stop myself from smiling but failed miserably. The woman excuses herself from the room which gave the opportunity for Elijah to step towards me. I tried to stop him from stepping any closer but he grabs my hand, caressing it. He leaves small kisses upon my skin.

"Jada," he says faintly. He stops himself and sits beside me. He pushes his head into my side, whimpering. My hand found it's way into hair, softly caressing it inducing a solace feel.

"Jada, I was so scared to lose you," Elijah mumbled into the covers but I could hear it clearly. I wish I could bend forward to kiss his head but my head told me other wise. "Why did you leave me?"

"Please don't leave me." He said with pleading eyes. His lips landed onto my cheek and forehead. The kisses were soft and light.

"I was so afraid of not fitting in. I wanted to stay but I couldn't let either of us suffer the consequences of our relationship." I didn't even realize I was in tears until water trickled down my cheeks. My throat closed up as I struggled to talk.

"Jada, I don't care. I want you and only you. I want to live a life with you. Not them. Only you." He sighs and grabs something from his pocket. My hand flew to mouth as I saw the satin covered box.

Elijah got onto his knee raising it up to me. "I don't wanna lose this. I wanna continue what we have. We are forever. I can feel it. I'm not gonna miss out on this beautiful opportunity. You're my future. You're my forever. Please baby. Can I do the honor of becoming your husband?" He says, laughing a bit. The ring glimmered from the sun light. It reflected off his beautiful mocha colored eyes.

I giggled before speaking up. "Yes, you can be my forever and always. I'm so sorry, bab-"

Before I could even finish my sentence, his lips already collided into mine. His hands gentle held my face. I winced a bit which caused him to back away a bit. "I'm sorry." I giggled and pecked his lips again. I kissed them over and over again until I felt discomfort from my position. He smiles before sitting back down into the chair.

"What happened to you, my love?"

I giggled while playing with my engagement ring.

Wow, I'm getting married.

Elijah reached into his bag and pulls out some food. I clap my hands together when I see a burger and a chocolate milkshake. He gives me a grin, placing it in my hands. "Thank you so much baby." I kissed his lips, only to linger against longer than expected. I pulled away before anything spontaneous happened.

"Well, this is a long story."

"I always have time for you." He stands to his feet. I make space for him and pat for his attention. He positions himself, grabbing his bag of food.

"Alright, dakishimetai (I want to hold you.)" He demanded, opening up his arms. I place myself into my rightful place, his warm embrace. His hands rub my sides as his lips kissed my head.

"Elijah," I mumbled into his chest.

He murmured mmm, causing his chest to vibrate.

"I love you too." I kissed him before continuing my story of how I passed out. The room was filled with giggles and kisses.

Even though we had so many people against us, I knew that this was forever. Our relationship is far too strong to let anyone ruin it.

————————————————————————

                      𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝗼𝗼𝐤 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐥𝗼𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝗼 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝗼𝐟 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝗼𝐫 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐛𝗼𝗼𝐤.

- 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑⭐️