SURPRISE

•{JADA}•

Miya giggled as I kissed her cheeks. I smile capturing her cuteness. I turn my head when I feel eyes fixated on me. Elijah gives me a cheeky smile as he grabs me a chicken sandwich for me. The flight attendant gives him the sandwich wrapped in tin foil. He walks back to me sitting in the sit beside Miya. She was placed between us. Her brown eyes look up at the both of us, randomly.

I wasn't her real mother but at this moment —it felt like I was apart of the family.

"Jada, baby." He says, caressing my cheek. I melt into his touch, wanting to feel more. He sends me a smile. "Here you go." He says handing me the sandwich. It felt warm to the touch and smelt amazing. I reached over and pecked his lips. His eyes widen, indicating he was surprised.

Miya yaks at the kiss and covers her eyes. Elijah and I laughed at her silly expression.

"Elijah, thank you so much for this trip," Jas says, placing her headphones on. Elijah insisted on buying her and my parents everything they wanted. This included expensive gifts. But I couldn't blame him, he wanted to impress them.

The sun was going down as the plane flew through the bright pink hued clouds. Miya snores filled our ears as she slept like an Angel. Her head pressed against my side. My fingers swiftly moved through her silky like hair.

My parents were in the corner of plane, having a conversation. Jas was knocked out but her computer over played in her headphones. I yawned, feeling my eyes get heavy. I haven't slept in a while — I was too busy packing.

"Go to sleep, baby. We have a long trip ahead of us," Elijah cooed.

His hand reached over Miya, rubbing my head. I nodded, closing my eyes slowly. "Goodnight, Angel." I smiled, knowing I would dream of him.

                                        •••

We were finally here. Elijah carried out suitcases as I carried my step daughter. She was fast asleep and limp in my arms.

"She's starting to get heavy, Elijah."

He raced to my side, picking her up. I kissed his lips as he pulled away.

"Thank you, bubba."

My family walked out of the jet plane, struggling. I laughed as Jas tripped over her own two feet. She looks up, sneering at me. Elijah placed Miya in the car and grabbed me by the waist.

"Let's hurry. I got dinner plans and we gotta book our villas."

"Ok, Zaddy," I coy.

His eye color darkened as his big hands ran down my back. My hands pressed against his chest and my eyes looked into his, innocently.

His lips moved towards mine, trying to steal a kiss. I quickly pulled away from him, teasing him in the process.

"You just gonna have to wait, daddy."

His face drops as I move from his embrace. I giggle when I hear him groan.

We all gathered in the car. We arrived in the middle of day and the sky had a pink and orange hue. I rolled down the window and was met with a beautiful sunset. Miya awoke from her slumber and crossed over to my lap. I could see that the sunset caught her eyes as well. Her eyes glowed from sun as I fixed her long braid. I could feel Elijah stare at us, but I didn't want to look. All I could hear him say was — beautiful. I couldn't help but smile.