OUR DISAGREEMENT

•{ELIJAH}•

Jada walked to the door, storming out. A curse word released from my mouth. What have I done?

We never get into fights. Why start now?

EARLIER

For the past few weeks, I've been off edge. My mother was visiting and I haven't told her about Jada but I'm sure she knows now. I never tell my mother about my girlfriends. Every time I do, she immediately finds a way to dislike them. But there's only two people she will let in. My daughter and her monster... I mean mother. Jada has been asking about it every single day. I've been so quiet. Jada has been so open about her parents but I feel guilty that I haven't done the same. I can tell she's been agitated with me lately.

It was 6:30 pm and I've been waiting at home for hours. Jada was suppose to be here by 5. If she moved in, she wouldn't have to move back in forth.

I took time off my job to come home and have dinner with my two baby girls. I get to have Miya for the week and Jada wanted to join but she's not even here.

I feed Miya some fruit. She gives me a cheeky smile, biting into her apple slices. "Dada?"

I nod, cleaning the kitchen counter. She puts aside her slices and points towards the plate of cookies. "I want a cookie." I smile, shaking my head. She's been eating way too much sugar lately. She whimpers, giving me her teary puppy eyes. I shake my head in disapproval. "No, Ōjo."

The tear works begin and her cries echo across the kitchen. I curse to myself and grasp my hair. I'm already stressed out. This added to the pressure. I sigh and grab a single cookie from the plate. "You see this, Miya." She nods repeatedly. I couldn't help but smile at my little girl. "I will give you this....later." She frowns and shakes her head.

"They will be waiting for you. I promise." She nods and wipes her eyes. I grab a napkin and gently wipe her eyes. She yawns and reaches out for me. I quickly grab the sleepy girl and carry her to her room. Before I could actually reach the room, she already fell into deep slumber.

I place her down, gently. I quickly rush downstairs cleaning the dinner table, which was covered with take out food. I knew Jada would love Italian food. So, I ordered some and baked homemade cake. I baked a red velvet cake which was also her personal favorite flavor. I placed everything in plastic containers and drank the last bit of wine.

The door opened to show the late woman herself. Kara pants, holding onto her chest. She slams the door causing me jump. "Don't close the door like that." She frowns and nods at my request.

She faces the floor, taking a sit in front of me. "Umm...I'm sorry. I got caught up in practice with Kadence. After practice we went out for drinks." I nod barely taking in her excuse. It's the same thing over and over again. She's letting her model life consume her. Yes it's her job but I should still take a part in her life.

"I get it, Jada." She furrows her eyebrows and crosses her arms. "Elijah, Do you have something to say?"

I laugh to myself and shake my head. "No, baby." I walk over to her and peck her lips. But one kiss wasn't enough. I deepen the kiss, tilting her head. Even when mad, I couldn't get enough of her. She pulls away from and bites her lip. "You're not ok, Elijah." I sigh, pulling out the chair beside her.

"You've been busy for a few days. You came here late. Miya's already sleeping. Your dinner is packed."

"Baby, I'm sorry. But this is apart of my job." I nod repeatedly. I peck her forehead before grabbing her plate. I place it in front of her. She pouts as she opens the container. "Elijah." I smile, pecking her lips. She bites into her food, moaning at the savory taste.