MOTHER

•{JADA}•

I clung onto Elijah's waist, pulling him close to me. I was a bit scared of who we would see beyond the door. When I saw it was his mother, I was beyond scared. I wasn't ready physical and mentally. I mean I'm not even wearing underwear. Elijah held onto my hands, making sure I'm comfortable. In his eyes, he could truly see that I wasn't.

"Hey, mom."

The woman was small and petite. Her silky black hair, twirled to the side of her neck. She was mature but yet young. She didn't even look like she ages. She smiles lightly, lifting up a bag of food. I smile nervously as Elijah takes the bag and embraces the kind woman in front of us. "Hi, my baby boy." She caresses his face and I could see him melting into her touch. I could just tell he was a mommas boy. I awkwardly stood in awe.

Elijah pulls away and grabs a hold of me.

"Mother, this is the woman I'm seeing." 

I fidgeted with my nightgown as the woman analyzed my frame. "Hello, I'm Jada."

"You can call me Laura."

I reached out my hand only for the woman to look at it, disgustingly. She touched my hand with the tips of hers and lightly shook it. She quickly pulled away, rubbing her hands on her pine green colored coat. Elijah turns to see me downcast by his mother's actions.

"Mother, that was rude of you." She scoffs and shakes her head. She passes Elijah, taking off her shoes and placing them in the shoe rack.

"Why are you two up so late?"

Elijah attempts to fix himself when he sees his shirt inside out. "I was - I mean we were drinking water before bed." She turns around and sees Elijah's disarranged shirt. He quietly curses to himself. "Yeah right." I quietly laugh to myself. Elijah mocks my laugh and nudges into me.

"So Jada, what do you do for a living?"

This was the question I wanted to so dearly avoid. I breath deeply, knowing I could break within seconds. "I- I work as a waitress." She laughs to herself, holding onto her chest. When she sees my serious expression, she becomes silent. "Oh you were serious." I shake my head.

"Since recently, I've been doing modeling." Hopeful that confession will make this conversation go better. Instead it didn't, she still had that same expression. "That's fun." It was completely quiet between us.

Elijah tries to make it less awkward by speaking up. " Mother, what have you been doing recently?"

He comes behind me, pulling me into a hug. I slowly breath out, feeling comfortable and warm inside. " A couple days ago it was your father's birthday." She pauses pulling out something from a brown bag. "This was his vintage jacket." Elijah releases me, taking the jacket. His eyes began to water but he fights back, failing miserably.

The jacket was green and was covered with black and white strips. He turns it around to see his fathers name. I feel myself become teary eyed when I hear his laugh. There was pain behind that laugh. He truly missed his father. "This was the jacket — my father wore when we went to basketball games." Elijah loses it and balls out. My arms wrap around his waist. He turns around, bending down to my level. His arms gripped onto me as he snuggled into me.

He pulled away, still close to my face. I pecked his lips and wiped his tear stained cheeks. Elijah's mother speaks up, pulling him into her arms. "I know. I'm here for you." Some how her stare, made me feel small. Like I was not needed.

I excused myself as Elijah and his mother had their share of conversation. I didn't want to make this moment about myself. So I exiled myself from the kitchen.

I laid down on our bed, letting out all my emotions. I knew his mother would hate me.

What's not to hate?

Everyone except him and Miya hates me. My cries are mumbled into the pillow. The door opens to show the tall muscular man. I quickly clear my emotions and give him a strained smile. "How was your mother?"

Elijah lays beside me, pulling me onto his lap. "She's good. How is my baby?"

I sighed and nodded my head. I don't wanna talk about this. This wasn't my moment. " I'm happy." What I thought would come out easy breezy, came out shaky. He sighs and kisses my cheeks. I softly laugh feeling his eyes lashes tickle my cheeks. "That's not what your red eyes say." I give him a pout, feeling myself tear up again.

"She doesn't like me." My cries increased as I finally said that statement aloud. Elijah gripped me, tightly. "Baby, she's a judgmental woman. But I know that you're a beautiful, smart woman." I smile slightly.

"Say it." I give him a confused look, slightly titling my head. "Say — I'm a beautiful, smart woman." I roll my eyes as he pulls my lips forward, pecking them.

"I'm a beautiful, smart woman." He chuckles and grins.

"That's what I like to hear." I bite my lip, realizing I have no panties on. He tilts my head, kissing my neck. "Ahh, no panties." We both laugh, quietly.

"Wish we could but your mothers here." I slip off his lap, laying back on the bed.

"Shit, we do have time tomorrow though. She's taking Miya to the park for ice cream." He comes close, giving me Eskimo kisses. I would take him right here, right now if I could.

"Oh really?" He says. I cover my mouth, realizing I've said that aloud. "I didn't mean to."

Elijah kisses my lips. "Doesn't matter. You said it." I giggle as he kisses my neck and snuggles me. I smile, hearing his light snores.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

I HAVE AN INKITT ACCOUNT JUST IN CASE.

MY NAME IS UMBER
MY USERNAME IS deedee39

𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐊 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐌𝐘 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊, 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐀 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄

𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝗼𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐧 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐜𝗼𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝗼 𝗺𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝗼𝐟 𝐡𝗼𝐥𝐥𝐲𝐰𝗼𝗼𝐝'𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝗺𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞.