You are such a Brat!

Grandfather POV

          The next morning, we all were reminiscing all the good and fun memories of my grandchild's about how Mason would break all the things, Elijah would burn all the food while cooking, Damien would play and run all around the house with me chasing him, Andrew the peacemaker who would always stop his brothers from fighting and Xavier the clown of this family.

Each moment spending with them was so precious. I love how each of them has grown up to become wonderful and responsible men. Though I can't guarantee the responsibility factor in Xavier, he too has grown up with his great sense of humour.

After breakfast, I saw Grace going to her room. She looked a lot exhausted and sleepy.

I know I had my doubts about her, but I didn't find anything on her last night. There are no records of her background except what Antonio told Mason. Even my best spy is not able to track any information about her past.

There is only one person who can reveal her secret that is Grace herself.

Thinking about the conversation that I overheard yesterday she stated that someone in this house is her Grandfather while talking to someone.

It means she is either Alessandro's daughter or Elora's daughter for me to be 'her Grandfather.'

But I am sure it can't be Elora's because she left us 15 years ago and for Grace to be born, she should be pregnant 16 years back. She was pregnant with Graciella, but it can't be here, no chance. We had proof back then, that they didn't survive, so I am sure it can't be here.

Maybe she is Alessandro's child, with another woman again.

I can't believe he betrayed Elora when she was still alive. I will accept the child anyway, but I won't forgive Alessandro if it's true.

There is no forgiveness for cheating.

I decided to manipulate her into telling me the truth.

I know it's not a good idea, but in Mafia, everything is acceptable to know the truth.

So, I quickly went and opened her room without knocking. I saw were sitting in the corner of her room and brooding. I didn't want to blackmail her and making her suffering worse, but it needs to be done.

"Grace, I know what you are hiding from all of us", I announced.

I saw her looking shocked with her mouth partially open.

"And I also know that I am your Grandfather," l informed her waiting for her reaction. I didn't know whether it was true or not. But her expression confirmed it was undoubtedly true.

Tears were falling from their eyes, she was trying to control her sobbing. She was looking at me with hopeful eyes.

I  feel horrible for doing, what I am going to do now.

I know you are forever going to hate me Grace but trust me I am only doing this to test you.

Making a bitter face I spoke to her.
"Your mother didn't she teach you any manners. You came here in disguise for what, to ruin the happiness of this family. I think your mother is a gold digger and taught you to become just the same. She...," I said harshly trying to provoke her.

"Don't you dare cross your limits," Grace shouted getting up. I could see the flame of fire in her eyes, her knuckles all tight, a way to control the anger flaring in her.

"I respect you as an elderly person, but if you utter even one more bad word for my mother, you wish that you never meet me. If you said such things about her, then you have never known her. She is the best person and has taught me values, which is why you are alive and standing here in front of me today," she screamed at me.