Who can it Be??

So much for being Insecure…

Grace POV

        Next morning, I woke up in a not so good mood. Reason being the conversation I had with Acer the night before. I had full Trust on Ace.
I think so... Can’t fully trust teenagers nowadays!

‘Don’t forget that you also belong to this category’ my mind reminded me.

Trying to shake off all the negative thoughts, I started dragging myself towards the bathroom to brush and have a bath. Changing into my normal outfit which consisted of sweatshirt and ripped jeans, I headed to the kids room.

Edward and Bella were peacefully sleeping as it was quite early in the morning. Last night they were quite understanding so I decided to treat them with their Favourite breakfast ‘Choco Pancakes’. I walked downstairs and was about to enter the kitchen but someone bumped into me.

I was about to fall down but 'that someone' caught me.
When I looked up it was….

‘SAWYER’

What is this idiot doing in the kitchen so early? Normally, he was never inside the mansion unless related to security matters. I looked at him in a questioning gaze, but he just smirked and left. I was left dumbstruck there, unable to understand his expression.

Behind him I saw Elijah, who was talking to someone on the phone. Looking him in a panicked state, I knew it was something related to news that Sawyer came inside to inform him.
I wanted to ask Sawyer the reason for the tension, but before I could leave to ask him outside, Elijah called me.

“Grace, can you do something for me?” Elijah asked with hopeful eyes.

I couldn’t deny him, who was looking at me with expectant manner, so I agreed without knowing the work.

Elijah looked relieved and said, “I know it’s not your work, but Sara is not here and I can’t ask anyone else.”

I smiled thinking that he actually felt that he could assign me responsibility and trust, though he didn’t know me much. I felt proud that he could actually depend on me.

What I didn’t know is that this responsibility is clearly not that easy as I thought.

“There is some kind of emergency in our business, so Alessandro, Mason and I have to travel to Spain today itself. Sara is also on holiday so there is no one who would be able to handle the duty of all the people in this house. So I want you, to handle the responsibility”

“Yes sure, I ….. Wait a second, you mean the responsibility of all the people...like...including …Damien.” Elijah slightly nodded his head trying to look anywhere but at me. I couldn’t decipher what to say, I mean that I want to take charge, but I can’t control Xavier’s mischief and Damien’s nuisance.

But having no option to refuse, I agreed already overwhelmed by thinking of all the ways to handle this 'CRISIS'.

“Thank you so much Grace, you don’t know how much relieved I am knowing that. I can assure you that they will not trouble you a lot. Mason will instruct them to not bother you. Hopefully they will follow. ,” he said this in a mumbled tone in the end but I did hear it clearly.

I actually dug my own grave, FREAKING GREAT!  

“Grace I know you are in the Mafia so I believe you will be able to protect them as well as yourself,” Elijah said and started walking further.

Wow he actually cared for my life also.

Wait!! WHF does he know that I am in the Mafia, only Mason knew about this. I can’t let others know about this information, especially Alessandro and Emma.

“Wait Elijah, how do you know about that?”

“About what?” he asked looking clueless.

Is he really in the Mafia? He can’t even remember a conversation which happened less than a few seconds ago.

“How do you know that I am in the Mafia?” I inquired.

“Mason told me and Sawyer for security reasons. OH... you might not know Sawyer, I will introduce you to him,” saying this he dragged me out.

Of course I knew him, better than anyone else, but I couldn’t say that, could I?

I followed Elijah outside, but he stopped abruptly on the gateway making my crash into him. I was just about to fall again but someone almost caught me ‘Ace’.

How I wished it would be him! But it was Sawyer AGAIN.

But this time instead of helping me, he let me fall.

What is his problem?

I know he is taking revenge for all the pranks that I have successfully done on him. Dyeing his hair, waxing his legs, pushing him in the pool and what not… But he doesn’t have any right to let me fall down.

My butt hit the ground so hard. Damn... I will get a payback soon Sawyer.

Watch your Back!

“Grace are you OK?” Elijah asked, looking concerned, and gave me his hand to stand. It was his fault that he stopped suddenly, making me fall.

IT WAS HIS F***ING FAULT ONLY!

Even you were looking elsewhere, my brain contradicted itself.

Why are you supporting him, don’t forget where your loyalty should lay brainy.

Glaring at Elijah a little, I tried to stand up of course WITHOUT any support. Sawyer just stood there, trying to control his laughter. I won’t forget this Sawy.

“This is Sawyer, the security department head of our Mansion. If you need any help, ask him.” Elijah said, introducing Sawyer to me who was trying to compose himself. Not wanting to talk to him, I just shook hands and left to come back inside.

Luckily Elijah didn’t follow me and I could finally have peace and make Choco Pancakes.

FINALLY! Everybody was downstairs, on the doorway bidding farewell to Alessandro who was staring at me, Elijah who was getting emotional as if he was leaving them forever.

It was JUST for 2 days and he was shedding water that can easily fill a pool.

Mason who as usual, had his Armani Suit and emotionless façade but was looking a bit tense as if the situation they are facing was really big.

I really can’t wait to ask Sawyer the reason for their Departure. Before Elijah could start his instructions list again, Mason said “Let’s Go”, and they left.

Damien looked at me angrily and a bit pissed off maybe because they didn’t take him along or maybe because he has to listen to me which I doubt he will.

I hope it’s the first one otherwise it would be very difficult to work together.

I went upstairs to wake Edward and Bella. When I entered the corridor I saw a shadow moving towards my room.

Who can it be?

________________________________________

Hey guys!
Extremely sorry for the late update.
Hope you all liked this chapter.
Please comment and vote.

________________________________________