'Princess' - Not for Me

I am really sorry for not updating regularly. I have started my Intership, so it's difficult to balance studies and work together. But I am working on it.
Hope you enjoy the chapter!!

_________________________________________

Damien was looking suspiciously all around the room as if he was searching for something or specifically someone. Did he know?
I Hope Not!!

Grace POV

"Do you want something?" I asked standing right in front of him to block his view.

Glaring at me he said, "I heard some noise, so I came here to check on you."

Did he come here cause he cared, or was it ...

"You are looking alright, so 'unfortunately' you are unharmed," he said with much hatred.

Guess I made an opinion too soon..

"Done checking, now please leave. I have more important things to do, than wasting time talking to you," I said trying to control my irritation.

He turned around was about to leave, but he turned and asked the question which I dreaded the most at the moment, "What about the noise that I heard like someone fell with a thud and later some shouting or arguing between two people," he asked raising his eyebrow.

"Ohh about that...er..," I said trying to make up some story, " I fell from the bed trying to pick the my phone from the bedstand and later was chatting with my friend on the phone so the noise,"I quoted.

"Careless as always,"he softly laughed in humorless manner, "But Wait, I heard two people shouting, what about that ?", he counter questioned with a small smirk.

Smart but not smart enough like me! hehe..

"I was chatting on video call with speaker on bro, latest technology, you need to update your self! Mr Angry Stone Age Man," I replied teasingly.

"Stop calling me names, don't forgot your position, gold digger. You are just a Nanny," he snapped.

"If you forgot then, let me remind you. I am the incharge for today. So You need to listen to everything I say. Get that in your head." I was pissed off with the fact that, he was ruining my time with Acer and fighting over small things.

"You....", he shouted pacing towards me.
"Stop that at once", Andrew said and stood in the middle. "Both of you calm your horses down. You'll are really worse than children, while fighting," he said trying to become the peacemaker.

"Damien just go off somewhere and stay away from her and you Grace don't piss him off. You already know the situation and you both shouting and arguing without a point won't help! Just take care of twins for now, we are leaving," saying this he left, dragging Damien, who pointed his middle finger looking back.

Me being the mature person stuck out my tongue. He gave me a 'really' look and walked again.

Atleast now can spend time with Ace. Wait where did he hide?.
Closing the door softly I whisper screamed, "Ace, Where are you?". Slowing I saw him come out from the closet, trying to make least sound.

He suddenly ran towards me and lifted me in his arms. I squeaked a little. He started swirling me making me a little dizzy.

"Ace stop... ," I said softly hitting his chest. He landed me on my feet and hugged me again.

"Apple, what happened?", I asked feeling the tightness in his embrace. "I missed you a lot Grapes". He said hiding his head in my hair.

"Aww someone is becoming a Softie at heart. How will you rule Mafia Mr I MISSED YOU?," I asked teasing him a little". He slowly lifted his head and looked into my eyes. I could see pure adoration there for me.