Late Night Call

Above is the picture of 'Underground Fighting arena'

________________________________________

Grace POV

      Reaching my room I breathed in relief and started studying with the help of online classes. It was soon midnight when someone called...I expected to be Ace but it was...

________________________________________

          "Dad! why is he calling in the middle of the night,"I questioned myself in shock. Picking up the phone call, "Hey Dad, Is everything OK? You called so late at night? Is Ace fine ? What about Madre or Mom?", I asked worriedly in a single breath.

"Chillax dear, nothing is wrong here. Can't I call my favorite daughter whenever I want?," he asked chiding me.

"I am your only daughter", I replied. "But your favorite also", he argued. Unable to think of anything to defend myself, I agreed to his illogical words. "Then why did you call?", I asked curiously.

"Actually we need your help to trace Ace", Dad said in his Mafia mode voice. I knew it was something serious if Dad personally called me.

I started tracking Ace with the help of Tracker that I had installed in his bracelet, until I found his location. The 'Underground fighting arena', stupid freak, can't control his urge to fight for even a day.

I couldn't help but reveal his true location, as Dad certainly would be worried. I spilled out the secret of 'our fun'.

"I knew he would be there. I just needed someone to confirm," Dad said. "How did you know, we used to always sneak out at night (oops)?", I asked with confusion, revealing my secret without thinking, shitty shit..

"Did you both forget that I am the leader of the American Mafia? I always knew about your underground names and fighting skills. But I didn't want to make you'll unhappy and also knew that I have trained you'll enough to protect yourself in all circumstances, so I'd let it go. I thought that maybe one day you will tell this old man the truth, but any of you didn't," he said with a disappointed tone towards the end.

I felt guilty for betraying his trust, "I am really Sorry Dad, I didn't mean to hurt you feelings, please forgive us. But Dad, now it's important to find him first, please be lenient to him," I requested in a gloomy voice.

"I'll think about it. Take care of yourself and don't think that I will let you off the hook this time. You will also be punished when you come back," he said, cutting the call.

I really hope he forgets about punishing me. He goes in Leader Mode whenever we do stuff that risks our life and you really don't want to mess with him in his Business Mode.

Stupid Ace, can't keep his hands off fighting even for a day. This is the reason I need to have information about his location. It's not only for his own safety but also for my peace of mind, because he is crazy and needs someone to control him to keep him under check.

(He also keeps a track of my location. It's not that we have Trust issues but let's be frank I need to keep a watch on his actions also, but only you people know and won't tell him, right?)

I knew he went to the Alley to fight in underground fighting rings for 'fun, that we used to do together always. Even I want to visit, but I can't risk entering the arena here, because the Italian Mafia (my brothers) will clearly  know that I am 'Devil in Disguise', one of the deadliest fighter which I cannot risk.

According to my name itself, whenever  I enter the ring, I let the devil inside me take control of my body. So people fear to fight against me
(Must run in the family, I guess..)

I and Ace always had a thing for street fighting and racing for the 'adrenaline rush. He is known as 'Rampage' as he can't control his urge to kill once he goes on killing spree mode. There should be always be someone to stop him which is mostly me, to calm him down.

So, I expected him to let go for a few days. He has seriously pissed of Dad this time and clearly deserves it, as he left me and went alone for our fun time.

           I was about to go to sleep when Frank called me.'What does he wants now?' I thought picking the call.

(He will be the Underboss when Ace will take over as a leader of American Mafia.)

I could only hear murmurs of people around him and someone's distinct voice that I can recognize, even in my sleep 'Ace'.
Of course they couldn't control him. "Frank put the phone on speaker, immediately in the arena," I ordered him.

"Ace", my voice boomed in the underground fighting club. There was pin drop silence, everyone feared us both so much that even a single look was enough for them to lock their mouths and shut up.

"Grace", I could hear him breathing slowly, as he recognized my voice.
"How could you leave me alone and have fun on your own as*hole?", I questioned.
I was angry that he went alone, even after I told him not to. I could hear people trying to control their laughs.

Ace pulled the phone from the connected speaker and said, "Could you really say this to me when you didn't even call or message me all day?," he asked in a soft and dejected voice.

I felt at fault, but I couldn't risk getting caught by the family members, knowing that my boyfriend is none other than the heir of American Mafia their enemy.

"I am sorry Ace, but I can't risk getting caught," I said in a regretful voice.
"I am sorry too for making you guiltly, it's just that umm.. I Miss you so much. We haven't met for two months now," he explained trying to comfort me.
"I am doing this for us only Ace, I want to finish my revenge and come back to my family which I love...".

Before I could say anything further someone shouted that the American Mafia Leader has arrived.

"Ace, listen carefully, Dad already knew about our sneak outs. Please don't give him a tough time and understand his concerns. We both Love you," I said, knowing well that anything could go wrong, when both clash. "Love you more," he said, cutting the call.

I was about to fall asleep again but feeling thirsty, decided to go downstairs. Walking down the staircase, I heard the noise of main door creaking slowly.

'So, someone is trying to sneakily enter the house now.' I decided to hide behind the living room door to catch him red-handed.

I could hear footsteps slowly coming near me. I sneaked behind him to hit him, but he was....

______________________________________

Any guesses who the late night intruder will be?

What do you think about Ace's Dad (Shane)?

Any ship name suggestion that I can use for Grace(Graciella) and Acer?

_______________________________________

Author's Note

Thank you so much for reading my book.
Thank you for the all the votes and comments.
I appreciate it and will try to inculcate all suggestions.

________________________________________