(15) Gone

No one's POV:

Ivory has begun to get used to life with people but she still misses the forest and her animal friends which the avengers knew, so to surprise her they got her a friend. A few days after the trip to the beach the team began to notice how much she misses home so they found a Eurasian Eagle Owl that she could have with her. Both birds and could understand each other so there wasn't a problem.

Immediately  they bonded with each other, they often hung out in her room on the ledges, she also gave him a name they both liked 'Echo'. Along with playing and having fun they did recall training together so that if they're separated they can find each other again by whistle. Echo knew all the faces of the team so if Ivory got hurt or lost on a mission he'd get the team to follow him to her.

It took a month to be fully trained, now its early summer. Ivory, Peter, Bucky and Echo were out on a recon to check an old HYDRA base to make sure it was still abandoned, the mission went well. It was when they were meeting up again when Echo's screeching could be heard, again he was trained to do this if Ivory was in danger to alert the others. Bucky and Peter raced over to the owl hoping to simply find her maybe best case scenario slightly wounded but they didn't want to think of worse case scenario. When they got to the owl all they saw was a familiarly designed van zooming off. They knew it was hydra.
Through the coms they alerted the rest of the team that she's been kidnapped.

Ivory's POV:

I hear Echo call out for me to get out of the area so I take off. By the time I'm about 20 feet off the ground I feel a jab in my neck. I huff and pull out the foreign object from my neck: it was a dart. A wave of dizziness causes me to collapse mid air and fall to the forest ground, three black blobs walk up to me then I black out. I don't know how long I've been out for but what I do know is this isn't SHIELD and I'm not in the medical ward. The room I'm in is bare, it's just white. It hasn't even got the bear necessities, only a bed and a mirror nothing else. I sigh and crawl onto the bed sitting with my legs up to my chest in an attempt to stay calm.

After a few minutes two men in a black uniform walk in towering over me. One reaches out and grabs me by the arm and pulls me off the bed, I end up falling to the ground. The other man wasn't happy and grabbed me by the back of the neck and drags me out of the plain room to what looks like an evil version of Tony's lab. The people in white coats swarm me which already scares me but then they examine my entire body. Writing every detail down about me, my wingspan, height, weight, age, everything. Then i was strapped down to a cold metal table and they inject something in my neck, again I start to feel drowsy. Before I blacked out I made out something they said "Her vitals are good. It worked. Send her back before she wakes up again." What worked?

Once again I woke up in the plain room when the drug wore off. I checked myself over but nothing felt different. Good. I put my hand on my chest and let out a sigh of relief. Looking around there really wasn't anything, it's a bit lonely. I sit in the fatal position for awhile until I look up and see a vent in the ceiling, but it's so small I wont be able to even get into it. I look down and continue to try and think of a way out. Then a strange smell fills the room, I knew it was coming from the vent so I look up and see a purple gas flow into the room. The smell was horrible, it made every instinct in my body want to run. The smell got to a point where it forced out my talons and I felt as if I was nothing but an animal in a cage. Next thing I know the two men from earlier walk into the room with what looks like metal rods and a collar. I try to escape but just end up in a corner of the room, on man hits me with the rod and it electrocutes me. I fall to the ground gasping for air whilst the other one very roughly puts on the collar then pulls out a small remotes and presses a button on it. It's a shock collar, I tried clawing the collar off but whatever it was I couldn't break it. After a few minutes of constant electrocution my vision starts to blur. Yet again I'm unconscious.

This time when I wake up I'm in a different place from before, it was a forest. I have to fly away. I shake off the drowsiness and stretch my wings. Flying up I felt free, until I couldn't fly any higher, I hit the roof. I wasn't free. Gliding down, I rest on a tree branch. They must have made the room with real day times because the sky became a pink which eventually faded to the night sky. I cover myself with my wings and drift off, It's been a tiring few...days?

I'm woken by the rising sun, stretching my wings I check if this is actually happening and sadly it is. My shock collar is turned on and a fall to the ground writhing in pain, screaming and pleading for help until my voice becomes hoarse and sore. The collar is eventually turned off when I'm too weak to fight back against the men. One holds me to the ground whilst the others pull out a set of clippers then walks behind me, I feel something touch my wings and I try to wriggle away but I really am trapped. He's going to clip my wings. Tears streamed down my face as I felt the nerves on the ends of my feathers be severed off. I was then left alone in tears. From then on the days blurred together between, torture, experiments and being shocked. They never clipped my wings again, instead they let my feathers slowly grow back. I must have been there for at least 6 months if not more as it takes quite some time for my feathers to grow back. By this point I have been trained to obey their commands or it will result in punishment. Never question them. Mindlessly listen to their commands. When they trusted me enough they allowed me to walk around their base a little and I was made to kill. I often wake up from nightmares based around those I've killed and them voicing their resentment towards me.
I hated it here and I hated what I had become.

One day I was given a proper uniform to 'celebrate' one year of working under them. I've pretty much given up all hope of escaping and being free, or being rescued. I genuinely think the avengers have forgotten me within the year. Once more my birthday wasn't celebrated, I was happy enough with the memory of having at least one birthday celebrated at least, the age 16 means nothing now. I'm a monster covered in the blood of many I shouldn't even be allowed to walk this earth.