(4)Night terrors

Ivory's POV:

That night I slept surprisingly well. There was no nightmares nothing just a black abyss, maybe I did dream and just forgot it but maybe that's for the best. Sitting up I stretch my arms and wings yawning, I look around the room I'm in this isn't where I fell asleep. Where am I? Looking down I see the ladder so I climb down and push down the door handle, I pop my head around the door to look around. Everything is a plain grey hallway, cautiously I step out from the room and start exploring, eventually I found my way to the common room? The place with the kitchen and couches. I walk in and see two ladies one of them is sat on the couch the other is in the kitchen. I sneakily made my way to the couch and peered over the edge to one of the ladies. She had short red hair, and wore and all in one suit with lots of stuff attached around her waist. The red haired woman eventually noticed me, I waved trying to be friendly, but she seems startled. She walks over to me but cause I'm crouching she looks really tall so I back of instinctively. It was like a game of tag at this point. The silenced of the game is broken by a confused Peter walking into the room. I run over to him and hug his leg, so I can hide behind him "Peter who is that child and what is she doing here?" The woman asks "so remember that tip we got of a girl with wings living in a forest like an hour away from here" Peter starts explaining and the woman nods "well this is her, we didn't realise she'd be so small" he nervously laughs whilst the woman stares both of us down.

Nat's POV:

There was a small child on one of the crouch just staring at me, who is this kid? I walk over to her to try and get some answers but she runs off. Are we playing a game now or something? She continues to retreat further away until Peter enters the room, whom she immediately sticks herself to the leg off. He then gives me the run down of the kid's background and what happened that day. I decide to try and make peace with her "hey, I'm nat" "I'm Ivory" she looks conflicted wether to trust me or not and after some reassurance from Peter she walks over to me and hugs me. Okay, maybe kids aren't all that bad.

We hug for a short while until I hear her stomach growl, I look up at Peter and I'm still knelt down to hug her and we laugh. She keeps turning her head to face one of us to understand why we're laughing. I tell her not to worry and maybe we should get something to eat instead. She nods a little embarrassed. I stand up and she flys over to the kitchen counter. We didn't have much cause no one wants to do shopping duty but we've got cereal in the base at least. I make myself, Ivory and Peter.

Ivory's POV:

"Have you got a river or something to clean in?" I ask looking at my wings which need cleaning. "Um no river but we have showers and baths. Wanna try that?" Nat asks, I nod and follow her back to the room where I woke up in and she opens a door. The room had grey tiles and white walls, there was a toilet, sink and I'm guessing the bath and shower.

 The room had grey tiles and white walls, there was a toilet, sink and I'm guessing the bath and shower

Nat ran the bath and left the room saying "do no pull the plug" and I promised I wouldn't. I took off my muddy dress and hopped in, the water was really warm which was new but it was really nice. I clean my body then start to pour water on my wings cleaning any mud or dirt off, finally i shake my wings to get off all the excess water. The bathroom was a little steamed up had water droplets on the sides but it would dry so it's okay.

I walk out of the bathroom to be met by Nat, she nearly screams "put on some clothes!"

Ivory's POV:

I tilt my head at her comment not fully understanding it. She proceeds to open up the closet and look through a bunch of clothes that looked my size, they even had the backs cut out for my wings. She hands me a plain black long sleeve shirt and a pair of leggings that have a red and white stripe going down the side. I put them on and look over to see her sat on floating nest giving me the thumbs up if approval. Grabbing her hand i drag her out my room looking for tony, peter and fury to show off. I got tired quite fast so Nat picked me up to speed up our search. After about five minutes of looking we find Tony and Fury in a meeting room, although there was no meeting going on; they were simply talking. I ask Nat to put me down , once she does I dash over to them. "looks good Ivory" Tony smiled and patted my head, Fury gave me a thumbs up as i spun around to show off the whole outfit. I continue to spin until i get dizzy which is when I hear them all laugh at me walking in a zig zag pattern.

I tug at both their sleeves and ask if they've seen peter, Fury shakes his head "been in here most of this morning little one" "okay" i look down a little dejected until Tony picks me up and sits me on his lap "i saw him earlier, he went to the training centre. Wanna go find him with me?" i look at him "but aren't you busy?" both tony and fury shake their heads and i hop off and start dragging Tony's hand. On the way out i also grabbed Nat's hand and she followed us to the training centre. We eventually make it there although i made a bunch of wrong turns, which they found quite amusing.

The training centre was as big as the common room, except there was no furniture instead there are a few benches and a glass viewing area. The rest of the area is open space with a few weapon racks throughout. As I got distracted, Tony was looking around for Peter for me. Once tony found Peter he knelt down and pointed in his direction, "if  you go over to him be careful as others are training as well okay? Stick to the side lines" i nod and shout "I promise!" as I run off to go find Peter who is in the middle of training with Steve.

I sit and wait on a bench for Peter and Steve to finish sparring, once they were done Peter came over to me "why you here little one?" i stand up and do a spin to again show of my outfit that Nat picked for me "look, its really pretty! And it even has a space for my wings" I show Peter the large gap that was made on my back for my wings to fit through. He claps his hands and i turn back to face him, he looks up at the giant clock behind me and takes my hand "where we going Peter?" I ask as we walk out of the training area, all I'm replied with is "food" it was like a magic word. As soon as I heard Peter say 'food' i began running down the plain grey halls to the common room where I last ate this morning. We run into the room as at this point it was pretty much a race, we both crash into the kitchen out of breathe. Looking over at Peter he's laughing between his breathes and i do the same, a confused Bucky looks at us. A new competition started; a staring contest between me and Bucky. After a few minutes of not breaking eye contact, he blinks. "I WIN" i yell, he glares at me for a moment before returning to his normal  expression and continues to cook.

The other Avengers all turn up around the same time and we all eat the food, some go back to their rooms, some stay in the common room and Nat, Peter and Bucky were on the floor with me. Loki was sat on the couch just listening to the conversation, maybe he didn't want to talk. We were talking about what it was like in the forest, the animals I saw and lived along side. Then the hunters I encountered and escaped from. I made sure to avoid any conversations related to my 'parents'. We continued to talk for what felt like hours, at some point I started leaning on Nat, not long after that I fell asleep.

Loki's POV:

After three long hours of them talking each other's ears off, the child finally falls asleep. Peter got up and made his way back to his room and Nat turned to me "your right next door to Ivory?" I nod "could you bring her to her room for me, I've got to clean up over here" she stands up with two plates and a cup in hand and walks to the kitchen. I look down at the sleeping child, I can do this, I am a god. how bad could it go?
I gently pick her up and walk down the halls till we get to our area. I see my brother entering his room, until he sees me with the child in my hands. "what you doing with the little one Loki?" "Nat asked me to bring her back to her room, so I am" a grin forms on his face from my reply "look at you brother being nice and helping out!" I quickly shush him hoping he didn't wake her. Looking down at her I see she's sleeping peacefully. My brother decided to follow me into her room, climbing up the ladder I had my brother hold her as I don't believe my magic would be very comfortable. Sitting on the edge of her bed my brother passes her back to me, carefully I place her under the covers and climb down the ladder. We leave the room and head to our own for the night.

I had been asleep for hours, I don't know how many or what time it is but I was awoken by screaming and crying. It was only myself, my brother and the child. Instinctively i ran to the child's room.