(25) meeting family

Ivory's POV:

It was an odd feeling, it was like I was strong yet weak, sick but healthy? I don't really know how to describe it but I have conflicting feelings about going through the Bifrost afterwards.  I felt Loki shake me gently so I open my eyes. Asgard is beautiful more than I could have ever imagined! The whole place had the golden hue to it, the skies were clear- best trip ever. I have Loki place me down but I hold onto his arm just in case I collapse again, everything in this place is beautiful. I'm snapped out of my daze by a large man in golden armour "Welcome back my princes" Thor turns and smiles to the man "Good to see you too old friend. This is Lady Ivory, Heimdall." I walk a bit closer to him "Hi" I squeak out, 'dumb voice crack'. The large man chuckles "Nice to meet you Lady Ivory although I am upset that it's under such circumstances, I nod in agreeance. He bends down a little so he's closer to my height and points behind me, I turn and see the biggest horses I've ever seen. There's a brown one and a raven one, I can tell who's horse the black furred one is.  I could feel myself grinning. I turn back to face Heimdall and hug him, "I wish we could have met when I wasn't Ill, you look like a very nice person." I smile before waddling back to Thor and Loki who are by their horses. Heimdall sighs and waves us goodbye as Loki places me on his horse. We race along the rainbow bridge! I keep leaning over to get a better look but Loki keeps pushing me back to his chest "Seriously little bird your going to fall! Just sit back until we get to the castle, can you sit still for me for two more minutes?" I grumble and nod."Haha thank you."

The castle is even bigger when you stand in front of it, I pull on my sleeves to hide my hands and grip onto Loki's side. He pats my head and smiles before walking through the large set of doors. "Loki....It's beautiful here" He chuckles and we continue walking with his hand on my back guiding me into a large throne room. "Father!" Thor booms. The old man sat on the throne scoffs and turns towards me and Loki. "Yes well I wish I could say I missed you all.....Why is there a Midgardian in my throne room?" Loki goes to speak but Thor interrupts "This is Lady Ivory. She works with us at the avengers tower. She can fly, communicate with animals, and her healing ability is nothing to scoff at." The man rolls his eye "Then why does she look so weak and pale?" Thor still hasn't got to grips with illness as it's something that doesn't really affect them so I speak up as best as I can. "B-because of my healing ability the cancer k-kept mutating until it was able to supress my healing abilities. Now my healing abilities are practically non-existent making it easier for the cancer to...kill me from the inside out...." After finishing I felt dejected, knowing I have finally come to terms I won't get better. "Ah...Well might I inquire as to why my sons have brought you here?" I nod gripping a little tighter on Loki's shirt. "They asked me where I wanted to go with the time I had left. I don't know much about civilisation or things you can do there as I grew up in a forest, but your sons...Especially Loki, told me about Asgard and what a beautiful place it was. So I wanted to see this place before..." I drift off at the thought of my own death. I only snap out of it when I fell Loki pat my shoulder, looking up at him I see a genuine smile. Not one of his usual smirks but more of a warm gentle smile, they are rare with Loki so I felt very happy to see him smile. "I see...Well we don't usually have Midgardian visitors but..I suppose this one is fine" He mumbles the last part.

He has us leave the throne room and I tug on Loki's shirt "Who was that?" He leans down as if it's a big secret "He is my father, well adoptive father. Everyone calls him the All-father as he is father to many of the 'Norse' gods." "hmmm. Good info." He boops my nose "Well I'm glad you think it's interesting little bird. How about we go to our bedchambers?" I nod and follow Loki down a very large hallway, then we stop in front of a very large set of doors. "This will be where you stay. I've had it so your next to my chambers so we're close in case anything happens." He crouches down beside me and places his head against mine "Don't be scared to go look for me. Some maids will come In soon to help you into a formal dress, I believe there will be a large feast in celebration of my brother's return." We eskimo kiss and he walks me into the room before leaving, where I assume he went to his room.

Like Loki said, not long later whilst I was relaxing on one of the large chairs a small group of maids walk in. They all looked very happy for some reason. "Hello?" I tilt my head, one of the women walks over and kneels down in front of me with a warm smile on her face. "My lady, we're here to get you ready for the feast. Would you like some help?" I nod and she helps my hop off the chair and guides me to a walk in wardrobe which had loads of beautiful dresses in many different colours. One dress caught my eyes instantly, it was simple yet still as pretty as the other dresses. It was white from about waist down and the top half was black but looked like falling leaves, I loved the design and without even realising I had walked over to get a better look at the dress. The maids chuckled and waddled over to me. They helped me fit it over my wings and adjusted it to fit my size, they made it look like it was originally made for me. Then they put some black eye liner and blush on me, they probably would of styled my hair but sadly with little left there wasn't really anything to style. Then the maid from before guided me to my door where Thor and Loki are waiting.

"You look stunning Lady Ivory, right brother?" Thor nudges Loki who grunts in return to being jabbed in the side. After collecting himself again he grins "He's right little bird, you look absolutely enchanting." I giggle at the two of them as they hold out their arms for me to take. "Well you both look extra handsome today!" I take their arms and they walk me down the large hallway to yet another set of large wooden doors, two guards open the doors for us and we walk into the room. There weren't many people which I was rather happy about in all honesty. "Thor! My friend where have you been?" A large man with a braided beard yells. "Oh you know how things are on Midgard" He laughs and walks over to the man hugging him and a couple others. I could tell Loki was rolling his eyes without even looking at him. Again the large on with the braided beard yells but this time in our direction "And who's this standing beside Loki?" Loki clears his throat "Fandral, Hogun, Volstagg, Lady Sif. This is Ivory, a close friend of ours from Midgard." They all close in on me, I barely manage to squeak out a 'hi' before I'm swarmed by the four of them "Why is she so small?" "I am not small!" I huff, puffing up my tattered wings "Sure thing kiddo" The one I assume to be Fandral pets my head, "Wanna see what a Midgardian with powers can do to you?" He stops laughing and looks at Thor and Loki as if to say 'is she joking', knowing better Loki and Thor hold their hands up in surrender. "I kind of want to see what you can do considering these two aren't saying anything. Eh, pipsqueak?" If I could go red with rage I would of, as I go to say something Thor goes to protect Fandral and Loki steps in front of me. "Now now let's all be civil here, don't forget your still ill little bird" I go to walk away until Fandral decides to make another comment "Yes go with your pansy!"
Loki let's go of me and smiles in frustration "You know what little bird...Go ahead, do as you wish with him."
Loki uses magic to freeze Thor in place, I crack my knuckles and neck "With pleasure.."

The other three back off and watch as I circle Fandral, "I don't want to hurt you pipsqueak!" He yells "Oh don't worry you won't, I'll be the one hurting you." I retract my talons and spread my wings ready to fight. "I am not small!" I pounce into the air and swoop down onto him digging my talons into his amour and ripping it off. He manages to kick me off, I slam into the wall and cough up some blood. I ignore it and charge back at him scratching and biting him, I even managed to kick him where the sun don't shine. Fandral lays on the floor unwilling to get back up and fight. "Never underestimate me!" I growl as I walk over to Loki. He checks me over for any major injuries "I know I said you could fight...Do you know how much I panicked when I saw you cough up blood?" I point towards Fandral, who is being helped up by Hogun and Volstagg, with a big grin "I won!" Loki sighs "That you did little bird." Lady Sif finally speaks "I like her" She walks over and pats my head "I see why you like her so much. By the way you might want to unfreeze your brother." She cackles, walking back over to Fandral she punches him in the gut "Phew that felt good!" Loki unfreezes Thor who went straight to telling us both off. At some point during him nagging us to 'be the bigger person' I passed out, I just remember Loki and Thor yelling before blacking out.