(20) Feeling a bit better

Like previously thing have begun to calm down- Ivory is getting back into the habit of being around people but she's still not fully confident around large groups or around some areas. It seems no matter how kind or caring the avengers are, the fear from the abuse will always be there. Not long after Ivory's training and rehab finished she was able to meet Echo again, she looked happier seeing him than when she was rescued from HYDRA. Probably because they knocked her out and put her in a cell for observations. The two birds were inseparable, they both ate and slept together, they did everything. The only problem with that is owls are nocturnal but that's an issue for another day. For now the team are letting Ivory enjoy her 17th year as much as they can.

Like mentioned previously some things changed when Ivory got kidnapped, one of them being Fury became distant from her, this was in hopes that if they didn't look close maybe she'd be less of a target. But anyone could tell this hurt Ivory when he avoided her. He thought it was best for her, what was best for her was actually to of left things how they were. Ivory felt as if she had done something to warrant this punishment but no matter how hard she thought she couldn't understand his actions.

Ivory's POV:

I sit on the couch with Loki sat on the floor in front of me as I play with his hair "Loki" He pauses from reading his book and smiles "What's up little one" I sigh "first 5"3 isn't that small, second I don't understand why some of the others are still being kind of stand of ish??" He turns around to face me, leaning on the couch seat beside me, "You know how you've gotten stronger?" I nod "Well some people see your strength as a threat rather than something we can use to help others." I tilt my head to the side "But why? I don't want to hurt good people after what they did to me. I hated it so much." He places his hand on my head and smiles wearily "People just don't understand that your an ally not an enemy." I huff and lay down "well, their dumb" He chuckles at my grumbling "Yes, yes they are."

A couple weeks pass and not much happens, a lot of the time was spent with Peter, Loki and Echo. I was allowed on a few low level missions but I was never allowed to do recon alone ever again, not after I got kidnapped. I also helped secure a few enhanced that got involved in fights, it was interesting seeing other 'enhanced' people, the way they fought, the way they acted, all of it. I didn't understand some of their emotions or reactions when they saw me but there are somethings I just don't understand. Like how people can mixed their foods or different coloured things.

Currently It's early Autumn and the avengers are on holiday for the next three days, so I'm seeing a lot of the team which is unusual. Tony is passing his usual snarky comments, one day imma prank him so bad he'll never be rude again. Actually that's a great idea. I fly around the base, latching onto walls to avoid crashing into things to find Loki. I eventually find him in his brother's room, both of them actually being civil for once. It was a weird sight. After peeking in through the door I slam open the door and charge at Loki causing him to fall back onto the very large bed. "oof! Hey Ivy, Why are you in such a rush? I am not helping you again if you've stolen Nat's gun again." He snickers as he sits back up after recovering from my attack, I roll my eyes in response "I didn't steal her gun again Loki. It's something else." I beckon Loki forward and whisper in his ear "It'll be fun and full of mischief." His face lights up and he picks me up rushing us out of his brother's room shouting "We'll continue this conversation later brother!"

He runs across the hall into his room and shuts the door then places me on one of his chairs in front of a fire place, "Okay what are we doing and what's the plan?" I pause and cross my legs on the bed "What if we put glitter bombs inside his room and suit so when he goes in one of them he'll be covered in glitter?" He nods and pauses "Okay. Adding to that idea, we do the glitter bomb but once he's hit with the glitter we pull out a chair behind him, tape him down and spin the chair for like 5 minutes." We nod and shake on it. Loki then teleports us to Banner's lab and we manage to find all the chemicals we need, once we've mixed everything together and added the glitter, we set a timer for when Tony enters the room. We set all the glitter bombs in place and hide behind one of his desks for him to arrive. It doesn't take long for Tony to appear, so we set the timers off and wait for a 'boom'. All we saw was a bunch of pink glitter flow our way, that's when Loki got a chair and shove him into it whilst he's still confused. Then my job was to tape him up, and I did it well. The best part starts now where Loki uses his magic to spin Tony around for 5 minutes. Whilst we hear his cries of help for JARVIS to stop the chair, we decide to leave the room and go laze around in the lounge and watch a movie. "So what you wanna watch Ivy?" He asks as I latch myself onto his shoulder and back as he brings us to the lounge "Lion king 2!" He laughs and scratches my chin "I am not a cat Loki!" I pout whilst leaning into it "uh huh sure"

He places me on the couch and grabs a pack of sweet toffee popcorn then sits beside me as the movie starts. We don't get far into the movie, probably only 15 minute in before a very angry pink glittery Tony Stark stomps into the room and stands in front of the TV. "Seriously Tony you're in the way. Move." Loki grumbles, I chirp in agreeance. "I don't expect much more from Loki but not you too Ivory! And seriously PINK glitter of all things?!" Loki looks over at me and I look over at him, we just stare for a minute before bursting out in laughter, kicking our legs in the air like kids and everything. My jaw hurt from laughing so much after so long. Before long we're both wheezing in fits of laughter whilst Tony tries to get through to us and tell us off. Neither of us could take him serious covered in pink glitter! As we calm down a little we wipe away a few tears from our eyes and I grin "If you didn't like this I would not suggest using any of your suits anytime soon!" Tony looks at us before realising what we've done, his face was going red with anger, so guess what we did? We burst out laughing again. By this point we had gained an audience of Steve, Nat, Thor and Fury, who could barely hold in their laughter as well. Nat took a bunch of photos and a video of him yelling covered in glitter, Steve and Thor were holding onto each others arms as they tried to not laugh. Fury just stood there confused and on the brink of laughed, has he ever laughed??

As if on cue Peter walks into the room, "Umm Mr Stark?" He turns the corner to see a brightly coloured Tony fuming with rage. He freezes on the spot and whips out his phone before taking a bunch of photos. "I am so adding these to our social media." I pop my head up from the couch "We have a social media?!" Peter nods and walks over holding his phone out showing me, "Okay most of this is Tony getting thrown out of the window by Thor and Loki, Steve doing some really bad dance moves and a few meet and greets. Without missing a beat Peter helps me upload the video and a couple images with a caption 'Got Tony again- Loki and Ivory 58, Tony 0'. A loud sigh echoed through the room "You did not just upload that did you?" The three of us let out a nervous laugh "nooooo?" I shoot up and get ready to fly off "RUN!" Me, Loki and Peter start running to the training room and Loki teleports into the highest area whilst Peter uses his webs to get p there, I fly up and we walk away from the edge so we can't be seen. "Think we're safe Ivy?" I shrug "Let's be honest, probably not?" I lay back on the platform and smile looking up at the ceiling, my train of though is interrupted by Loki "It's good to see you happy and having fun again Ivy. We missed our mischievous little bird." I hug both Loki and Peter, "Thanks for sticking with me until I felt more 'normal' again. I was scared I was going to be abandoned again..." I pull my knees up to my chest, when I feel two sets of arms embrace me, "Ivy, we could never abandon you, we did not look for you for an entire year just to leave you. Anyways, all of us have some form of trauma." Loki nods in agreeance and digs his chin in to the top of my head. "We Better get comfy we're gonna be here a while."