(18) Together

{do not try mixing or eating any of these chemicals, they are dangerous and could kill you.}

Loki's POV:

After eating and talking with Bucky I make my way to the lab. Where, when I got there, found Tony and Bruce. They looked horrible to say the least. "How is it going in here?" I stand leaning in the doorway. "Hey Loki" Bruce runs his hands through his hair in frustration "come on in. maybe we need a fresh pair of eyes to see this." I walk in and look at the blood results along with the paper scattered around the room. "Sedatives, toxic chloroform (bleach and rubbing alcohol), LSD, etc. these drugs are dangerous, how is she still alive?" They both sigh "we have no clue, we're chalking it up to her healing abilities." I shake my head "no her healing abilities are minor." Tony finally chirps in "From her blood it seems they have somehow amplified some of her abilities. They're stronger now. The problem now is one of the drugs, I have yet to figure out which, is turning her mind into that of basically an animal." "what?" He points at the paper "one of these have affected a part of her brain and flipped one of the switches from human to cave man, in her case, an animal." I pull a chair out and sit between them. "what if it's not one chemical doing this but it's from two mixing together that is causing this reaction." They both look at each other then me almost smiling at what I just said. "why are you looking at me like that? Don't look at me like that." Suddenly I've been shoved out of the lab "Thanks Loki!! We'll be out later today once we've finished!" "umm okay? Well that was weird"

I walk back to Ivory who has curled up on the floor with her wings covering her entire body. Quietly, I open the door and walk in, then sit next to her. I sit beside as she rests, compared to what I remember she is much calmer when sleeping....never mind. Her night terrors are still there. Her breathing becomes hitched and panicked, the floor is being clawed and she's whimpering. Soon those whimpers turn into full on screams of pain. I'm sorry Ivory but I'm going to go in your head, please forgive me little one. Carefully I place my hands on either side of her head and I close my eyes. I start to go through her memories. She got shocked on a daily basis just because, they clipped her wings so she couldn't fly for awhile whilst they broke her, used a purple gas on her, beat her, they instilled fear and discipline into her. Forced her to kill and harm others as they ordered her to, knowing what would happen if she dare to disobey them. I use my magic to repress as many of those memories as best I can so she will never remember them again. By the time I'm out of her head it's dark outside, Ivory is curled up beside me my leg bleeding. Guess she ended up scratching me still. And finally the cell is surrounded by the team.

"What's up guys?" "Don't 'what's up guys me'! You've been sat there for half a day! What on earth were you doing?" I carefully stroke Ivory's hair and smile down at her "She was having a nightmare so I looked into her head to see why she was having the nightmare. It was because she was relapsing from all the abuse HYDRA did to her. Then I repressed as much of those memories as I could, but I think she'll remember what happened anyways once she wakes up."

Fury's usual sigh could be heard behind everyone. They all parted so he could walk up to the cell "I need to know what they did to her. Come to my office later." I nod and the room fills with silence. As if on cue Tony and Bruce burst in through the doors waking up Ivory. She panics as she is surrounded but is most surprised by the fact she latched herself onto me, but was comfortable so didn't move. In fact she saw my leg and healed it as a 'sorry' and tried not to dig her claws into me. Then nuzzled into my chest attaching herself to my side. Everyone was shocked, hell even I was. But it was quickly moved passed and Tony began his speech we all needed to hear soo much.

"Okay so we spent the night trying to figure out how to get all those chemicals out of a system and by early morning we nearly gave up, when our lovely friend Loki payed us a visit and actually helped us for once in his life..." Rude. "...So we obviously kicked him out and found that it was three chemicals mixed together that was doing this to her. When the two of them mixed usually it would instil a sense of fear but because if the third chemical and her DNA being close to animals DNA. All components when mixed reacted and flipped the 'human' part of her brain to believe she was in danger and needed to protect herself, therefore becoming like a caged animal..." That went on for another 15 minutes, I think by five minutes in everyone began to zone out. Fury definitely had enough "you done? Are you going to administer it to her or not?" Tony mouthed an 'oh yeah' as if he had forgotten why he had come here.

He walked up to the cell and opened it up and walked in. Ivory did not like this. She began growling, didn't know she did that, and was in the same stance she usually is when she is ready to attack someone. "Tony I don't think it's a good idea to get any closer." He nods and backs up. "anyone know why she's protecting him like that?" Tony felt pretty offended she growled at him and you could hear it in his tone of voice. "Maybe she imprinted him, like when a duckling sees something they'll think its their mother? Or she just feels the need to protect you, like maternal instincts? No she's too young for that.." Bruce begins to go on about a bunch of different theories "cool so how am I meant to administer this if she wants to rip out my throat?" Tony sounds super impressed. 'how about we have Loki administer it?" Peter blurts out without thinking much of his comment. "Stark give Loki the serum." Fury gestures with his head as his arms are crossed. Clearly upset, Tony hands me the serum and I let her smell it before injecting her with it. She retorted and tried to run, "I know, I know. You don't like being injected with weird serums." I comfort her. She looks at me offended like I had broken her trust, which I probably had. Then hits her head against mine in attempt to get revenge. "yes, yes, I'm sorry little one." She climbs on top of me, then to my surprise she hugs me and gets comfortable until she dozes off. "umm what now?" This was one of those rare moments where Fury genuinely laughed "enjoy the night in here Loki." He proceeds to walk off with the others not far behind. Peter stays with me to keep me company which was kind of him. We both ended up falling asleep in the cell together.