(1)The forest

Ivory had always been different even as a baby, she was smaller and had white hair although her parents had dark hair. When she got to about 4 she began to form wings another thing she had but her parents didn't. Her parents were disgusted by the strange creature before them, they were mean and abusive. Sometimes they even forgot about her until they eventually had enough of their 'weird' child and by the age of 8 they took her on a trip to the woods far away from their home and from other people. They told her to stay put and not leave the forest then left. Ivory did as her parents told her to, it's been six years since then, she is now 14. She wore only a long dress that used to be white but is now stained with mud, her hair is now down to her knees and she had figured out how to live along side nature.

Ivory's POV:

"It seems winter is coming" I hold up my hand to the first snow of winter, I fly down and land on the cool earth. As I usually do I make my way around the forest checking on the animals to see if they need help or if there's any hunters in the area. "Mister deer!" I whisper shout cause I know he doesn't like really loud noises. He looks up eating some fern and walks over to me, I place my head against his gently as to not hit his antlers as we agreed that was our greeting "hello little one" he smiles. "I saw the first snow come down! Winter is coming early." He looked a little worried as last winter was hard enough as there wasn't enough food for me, I knew that was what he was upset about "don't worry about me, I can get some fish and if the lake freezes I can umm" I try to think but my train of thought was interrupted by a sigh "don't worry little one we'll figure it out". He hurried me along to go find food for myself and to check the rabbit family and a few other animal groups I'm friends with as some will be hibernating, my personal favourite is mr and mrs bear. They're really nice and warm and soft. I make my rounds, after saying goodbye I go to find some berries to eat. After finding a blueberry brand I snap it off and fly to my nest with a few other birds, I give them a couple then eat the rest myself. The rest of the day was spent cleaning out my nest and getting new bedding to keep me warm. That night I slept in a woven blanket made from fibres which head feathers and fur places between the gaps for extra warmth.

I woke up earlier than usual that day, looking around the birds were scared and mr deer was under the tree calling for me "Little one! Little one wake up!" I look over the edge of the nest and see a relieved face "stay hidden child, there are hunters and they are strong. I know you want to help but even you won't be able to fight these hunters so stay hidden okay?" I nod and he runs off to safety with the other forest animals. It's felt like hours had been passing by, I could hear the twigs snapping from people walking on the forest foliage and the chatter between them. Although my nest was huge I thought it was hidden pretty well as it was in the large old oak tree and surrounded by other oaks, but I guess a giant nest with a big set of wings popping out isn't exactly hidden. One of them noticed me, I tried to stay hidden till the end but they just got closer and closer to me.
All I could think of was to go to the waterfall, behind the waterfall was a small cave I could crawl through. In the cave I had a grass bed with another woven blanket, a small fire pit and a few old nut shells from when I was in there last winter. I immediately fly over there and crawled into what I thought was my safe space, I hold my breathe and hope I wasn't followed. I listen for awhile but can't hear anything so I crawl onto my grass bed and hide under the woven blanket.

Again night falls, I manage to sleep through the night, but the next day I'm hungry. I hadn't got the chance to eat the day before, so I quietly crawled out and went to scavenge some berries and nuts to last me a few days. The entire time I was scared and felt like I was being watched but I didn't know where from or who, after I got enough food i ran back to my cave as quickly as I could and hid inside again. I ate most the berries and a few nuts, the rest I put in the coldest corner of the cave, hoping they'd stay fresh longer. Suddenly I could hear talking outside my cave. I ran for my blanket and hid underneath, from what I saw yesterday none of them should have been able to get in my cave but I heard a new voice. It sounded like a child's voice, then I heard them crawling through my cave. The one with the child voice spoke quietly to the others and said "I'm in". I could feel my heart facing. I think they looked around the cave until their gaze landed on me under the blanket then heard "someone's definitely been living here mr. Stark" definitely a male voice, he walks over to me and I hold my breathe. Carefully he lifts the blanket and he sees me. I tries to call out but I end up smacking him with my wing whilst trying to escape and he lands on the ground with a thud. "You okay in there Peter?" A raspy voice yells, the boy in front of me called Peter looked at me in the corner of the cave shivering in fear, almost trying to disappear into the wall crawls back out. I relax myself thinking I'm safe and I was for a few minutes until he came back in. Once again my body tensed up at the sight of him. He sat on the floor on the other side of the cave from me and gently said "hello?" I lower my wing from my face "hello?" I stumble with my words, I felt silly. "I'm Peter, what's your name?" "Name?" I tilt my head, he looked upset like mr deer did "well mr deer always calls me little one" peter smiles a little "did you get called anything else before that?" I think for a brief moment "Ivory? I think". I feel a lot more relaxed after a few minutes of him talking until, "will you come meet the others? I promise their just as nice as me" as I had inched closer to him before I moved away once more "are they 'adults'?" I ask, he looks at me confused "um yes?" "Then no" I turn around to not face Peter, I didn't mind talking to him but adults are mean and then they leave you alone when you need a hug. "Why not" he asks, he sounded concerned and I repeated what I had just thought to myself "adults are mean and leave you alone when you need a hug the most." I could tell her looked defeated "if they promise to be really really nice I'll meet them" I think the people outside heard cause a different man said "I promise to be really really nice" Peter reached out his hand, I tilted my head. Oh he wanted me to put my head on his hand, I nuzzle into his hand and he laughed. I look up confused "let's head out okay?" He takes my hand and leads me out the cave, everything was especially bright even for early winter. Once they had gotten passed the waterfall and went to safety of the land beside the lake, there was a man with a fuzzy chin, a woman with red hair, a really big blonde guy with a big club? In hand, one with black hair, green eyes and then one with an eye patch. All of them looked a little confused.