(11) escapist

Ivory's POV:

As soon as Fury finishes talking I make my grand escape. I stand up on the table and run out of the room, then down the halls until I find an open balcony. I flip jump over the ledge and let myself fall until I get close enough to the ground, which is when i stretch out my wings and continue to fall but now gliding. I leave it to the final moment to fly up. I think I looked pretty cool.

Thankfully I still remember the location of Peter's school. So I continue to make my way there, once there it was a case of finding him. No one was leaving the building like last time, so I found an area where I could overlook most rooms, I have pretty good sight. There he is! Didn't take long for our game of hide and seek to be over.

Instantly I notice the window beside him is open so like an rational bird person, I tuck my wings beside me to dive into the room. I think he saw me swooping down cause he looked over and opened his arms in an attempt to catch me but the impact was too much so we both crashed into the floor. "Hey Peter!" I grin not noticing the situation. Peter groans from my crash landing "ugh....hey Ivory. What are you dong here?"  I sit up on his legs and begin to ramble on "well I got caught training alone so I got in trouble but other than that I get to come to school with you"

Peter's POV:

I rub the back of my head as I definitely hit it during the crash. Listening to Ivory ramble I only got a few proper sentences out of her that I could understand as she was talking really fast and stumbling on most her words. Once she finishes I speak up "Ivory are you meant to be here right now?" She avoids looking at me completely "uh yeah, Nick said it was fine" Well she still sucks at lying. I stand up and pick her up apologising to the teacher and class for the disruption. All my classmates were whispering about us and how I knew her, I'm never going to hear the end of this. Just as I'm about to walk out to call Tony to pick her up Thor slams open the door. "Ivory!" Yikes he's loud, I feel my ears ring. She whimpers in my arms and Thor realises his mistake of yelling "I-I'm sorry little one..." He sighs and walks over to me and picks up Ivory who is on the brink of crying. Once they left the whole class was silent and just looked at me confused and curious of how I know an avenger. I apologise one last time and sit down.

Thor's POV:

I didn't realise I yelled so loud until I took her into my arms which is when she began sobbing into my chest. I stroke her head "Little one.." She looks up at me wiping her tears with her arms "I'm sorry for yelling but you shouldn't have run off like that. What if you got lost or hurt along the way? None of us would of been able to help you. Please try and think before you run off like that, okay?" We exit the school grounds at this point. She rests her head into my chest and I hear a small "sorry".

I walk back to base with her in my arms, about half way there her breathing calms down. Looking down at her I see she had fallen asleep from crying so much. Once I walk out of the elevator and walk into the main room, I notice a worried Fury, Tony and Loki. "She's fine you guys" They look up at the sleeping child, I place her on the couch between Loki and Fury. "She fell asleep after crying." Instantly I get death glares "relax, let me explain." I explain my part of what happened and the death glares don't really go away but they do calm down a little. I swear Fury was going to kill me until Loki chirped in "At least he apologised. I'll put her in her bed, yes?" The other two nod. As Loki leaves he gives me a parting gift "Don't think I'm letting you off the hook brother" He gives an evil grin.