(27) The good news

Ivory's POV:

I wake up feeling refreshed and open my eyes to Loki, who looks like he needs a nap, "How are you feeling little bird?" I sits up and lean on his shoulder, "Like Fandral threw me into a wall" I chuckle, "Yes I do recall that happening. Otherwise how do you feel?" "Pretty good."

I look over feeling another presence in the room, my eyes are met with a beautiful woman with a loving smile. "Oh ummn Hi? Sorry how long have you guys been here? You could've woken me up Loki" He shakes his head "No little bird, you needed your rest. You had a slight temperature." I grumble and cross my arms "Still it's not polite to sleep in front of others all the time. Not that I mean to constantly fall asleep or pass out but still." The Lady chuckles and places her hand on mine "Do not fret my dear." I nod and her smile becomes even more motherly, if that was even possible. "I haven't introduced myself have I? I am Frigga, Loki's mother and Odin's wife." I straighten up a little after absorbing the information "Ah-I umm" I took a second to calm down "Sorry about that. I'm Ivory!" I giver her one of my best smiles. "I've heard a lot about you from my son." I nudge Loki a little, "All good I hope?" Frigga chuckles a little "Yes my dear. All good. Not a bit thing was said." I sigh and relax a bit. "That's good..."

No one's POV:

They continue to talk until lunch time, Ivory found Frigga to be lovely company and almost saw her as a mother figure with how caring she was. Loki found it shocking how well she got along with his mother, hell he was shocked she got along with everyone for someone so skittish and full of anxiety, she has such a fun personality. It's like you can't take your eyes off of her.

When Loki and his mother finally leave a group of maids rush in to bathe and dress her, something she will never get used to. Compared to what she wore the day previously, what she was wearing now would be considered 'casual clothing'. The dress was a deep green with golden highlights and black leather, it was beautiful. Ivory didn't notice anything wrong with the dress until Thor burst out laughing and Loki hid his face using his hand. She tilted her head confused. 'What's so funny about the dress? I don't get it?', she thought to herself.

Loki's POV:

Loki's POV:

I went back to my chambers and bathed then dressed whilst I waited for my little bird to be done getting ready. Wait...'My' little bird. No, mother is just confusing me. I shake my head to try and rid myself of those thoughts. Whilst waiting Thor ,for some reason, decided he had to visit me. "Yes brother?" I ask not looking up from my book. He walks over and sits beside me "I heard mother visited. How'd it go?" Shutting my book I sigh and finally make eye contact with him, "It went well. It's mother, Thor, she loves most people. Though we did have an interesting conversation..." I drift of a little by the last part, thinking about Ivory getting better, smiling and flying around free of worry. "-other! Brother!" I snap out of my daze by Thor's booming voice. "What was the conversation about?" A smile made its way to my face "There is a way to save Ivory. She could get better." Thor's face lights up and he shot up. "Then what are we waiting for?!" I gesture for him to sit again, "She is unaware of this and I have yet to tell her, plus she's have to eat the golden apple. That is if Father hands us one." The smile on Thor's face slowly disappears, "Well we just have to convince him." We both stand up and head out of my chambers, surprisingly we met Ivory outside the door.

She wore a lovely green dress with golden accents and the finest Asgardian leather at the centre, it definitely suited her. I hid my face, trying to stop myself from smiling, whereas, Thor burst out laughing and was smacking his leg. I jab him in the side and he quietens down. I silently threaten to stab him again if he says a thing. Little bird walks over to us visibly confused, I shake my head and hold out my arm for her to hold. She happily accepts and we walk down the halls chatting away until we get to the dinning hall. The guards open the doors for us and we walk in, for once father was here, I assume it was due to mother as she was sitting beside him almost glowing. I have a bad feeling about this.

"Come, sit!" She steals Ivory from beside me and has her sit down next to her, then walks back over to me and pushes me over to sit down next to Ivory. "What's up with your mom?" Ivory whispers, I shrug and smile. Breakfast was eaten in silence which was odd because Thor was in the room, you could cut the tension with one of my daggers. As I get to stand up father has me sit back down, "After a lot of convincing, on your mother's behalf, I think it would be alright for her to eat the golden apple. It seems you two are a good fit." Father states, trying to smile at the end which was terrifying to see. I want to bleach my eyes after seeing that. "I'm sorry but what golden apple?" Ivory raises her arm awkwardly. Right, I forgot to tell her. Mother was staring daggers into my back, figuratively of course.

"So whilst you were asleep mother and I had a conversation. One where I found that you might be able to get better if you become an Asgardian. At first I was against the idea as the change can be painful from what I've heard, but mother thought with how strong you are you'd make the change and come out even stronger than before. What do you think little bird?" I stare into her pale blue eyes waiting for a response.

She covers her mouth with both hands and chokes up slightly, her eyes glossed over ready to shed tears. She wraps her arms around my neck whimpering, "Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes. I would happily become an Asgardian if it meant I would be healthy and got to stay with you all!" I gently caressed her back as she calmed herself down. She runs over to mother and hugs her, then as if she had forgotten that my father was Odin, she ran up to him and hugged him tightly. Then she made her way back over to her seat, wiping away a tear as she does so.

Mother claps her hands "Now that's over with. Let's go get that apple and give it to Ivory." I stood up holding my arm out again for Ivory which she accepts and takes. Mother stands up and walks on the other side of her. We exit the dinning hall and make our way to the gardens, specifically father's secret garden which has lots of special herbs. Yes, I couldn't believe it either when I found out The Odin had a garden.