(28) Golden apple

A/n: DO NOT WORRY I AM STILL ALIVE, hi!

Ivory's POV:

We walk down a familiar hall before turning left into a beautiful garden, it was filled with roses, hydrangeas, peony's, lavender and lots more, some plants I didn't recognise making me think they were 'alien' plants. We slowly made our way through the fields, I say slowly as I obviously got very distracted and needed to check out every flower and talk about the ones I did recognise.

"Hey did you know if you consume a very large quantity of hydrangea leaves, buds or flowers you'll get hydrangea poisoning?" I look over to Frigga and Loki who are looking at me smiling. "Well I do now little bird." He chuckles. I walk back over to them and Frigga takes my arm and places it on hers, I tilt my head. She smiles and we walk in silence for a few moments before she decides to speak. "So son, why do you call our Ivory here 'little bird'?" I look over to Loki wanting to see how he's going to explain this. "There's a few reasons.... One of them is when we found her originally in the forest, she was in a giant bird nest and all we could see was a large pair of white wings poking out from the top of it. Then there's the fact she's so small. Then her bird mannerisms." I could tell I was a little red "Bird mannerisms?" Frigga raises a brow and Loki chuckles. Well I'm screwed. "Singing, puffing up her feathers when angry or upset, flapping her wings when excited, bobbing her head, covering herself then puffing up her feathers when cold, flapping her wings fast when she wants attention, dropping things or people from high places just because she can and sometimes her chirping instead of responding. I can't tell you the amount of times I've had a bottle cap or a full bottle just dropped onto me from the sky." Frigga giggles and I mumble "Traitor" He walks right up beside me  going in for a hug "Awe is someone angry?" I turn my head hugging onto Frigga, giving him the cold shoulder. Puffing up my feather slightly in annoyance. "See what I mean mother?" I let go and try to flatten my feathers "You saw nothing!"

By this point we were in front of a small gate that's surrounded by large walls, "Ah we're here. Let's go in now!" Frigga takes a key out of who knows where and unlocks the gate, we walk in one by one. I take back what I said about the garden previously, that garden pales in comparison to this garden. Giant flowers, trees and other things I can't even describe flow around the area, everything somehow all fitting together perfectly. And at the centre was a humongous tree with moss growing at the base and small water falls beside it, then in between the green leaves were large golden apples which glowed slightly. I couldn't say much except from "Woah..."

Loki's POV:

As we enter the garden my little bird's wings fall to her side and a small "woah..." leaves her mouth, I chuckle and grab her by the back of her dress before she gets the chance to run off and explore. Somethings you just can't get rid off even when you're fully grown, well she's 17 going on 18, I truly hope we can enjoy her 18th together.. I shake my head getting rid of those thoughts and turn back to Ivory who is trying to escape from my grip. "Come on Lo! Look at all the cool plants! I wanna see...." She tries running to her left but mother takes her hand and smiles sweetly, "Sweetie that plant will eat you and digest you within 30 seconds so lets not run about, okay?" Ivory lets out a scared chirp and nods, I jokingly roll my eyes and we walk over to Ginko: the tree of immortality. Technically it doesn't grant immortality but I didn't name it so..

We walk up to the base of the tree and I watch as Ivory stares at the tree in awe, you can try and convince me otherwise but I think she either wanted to climb the tree or make a nest up there, maybe both. One of the tree's long branches lower itself down to our level and hand mother an apple, the thanks the tree and the branch returns to its original position. "I like it here" Ivory chuckles. I lean beside her and whisper "Yes but electronical devices don't work here my dear." Her smile drops in seconds "So no music?" She jumps onto a random stick and snaps it in half. "Umm Okay? Darling come back here we need you to eat the apple. It's kinda how it works." She hops back over rubbing the back of her neck "Oh yeah..." She shrugs and mother hands her the apple. "So do I eat the entire thing or?"

"You technically only need a bite but eating the whole thing speeds up the process from a week and a half to a couple days." She makes an 'oh' shape with her mouth before nodding and taking a bite of the apple. "Damn that's really sweet...why it so sweet? Why isn't it sour" She almost whines at the apple. I swear I only blinked once but when I opened my eyes again she had finished the apple. "Cool so now what?" I pick her up and she wraps her legs around my waist with her arms around my neck "I bring you back to your room and you rest." Before getting a chance to complain mother stands her ground, "Don't even think about it Ivory. You will need your rest and when you aren't resting you will be in pain because of the change so you won't want to move either way." Ivory immediately shuts up and nods. "Good. Now I'm going to head back to talk with Odin, make sure she gets plenty of rest son." I give her a big smile and nod "I've got this mother, trust me. I've lasted this long with her." Feigning hurt Ivory puts her hand on her chest "Uh what you mean 'I've lasted this long' I can't be that bad!"  I chuckle at her "Darling you remember what you were like when we first met?" She shakes her head, "To put it simply you were a ball of energy with extra energy on 5 cups of coffee." She cuddles back into my shoulder "Okay I don't remember ever being that bad but I'll believe you. But! When we get back to earth I will be checking with Peter if this is true."

By this point we're back at our chambers "Noted." I use my magic to open her chamber doors and I place her down on the bed but she keeps herself attached to me. "No its cold!" I sigh and sit down beside her "Okay I'll stay for a bit but you need to sleep." She hums and hugs my stomach with her head nestled into my side. I pet her head as her breathe evens out "Good night my little bird."