(3) A new home

The last two boarded the jet and it took off. Fury had decided to pick Ivory up to get places faster as she is quite small. He very casually walked into the area with all the other members of the team, from the looks of things Peter and tony didn't explain things. Fury sighs and gets to explaining as he places her down beside him.

Fury's POV:

"You guys really didn't tell them anything?" I scowl at Peter and tony, which Peter tried to give an excuse but I interrupt him. "Don't want to hear it kid" he closes his mouth and stays silent for the most of it "remember the tip of a girl with wings living in the forest?" I remind the team, they all nod mainly as they were just briefed yesterday. "Well this is the one we were looking for. Her name is Ivory and she is 14" I try not to go into too much detail as we don't know enough yet and I don't think she wants to talk about her 'parents', Bucky, Steve and the two gods look at me in confusion but Bucky is the one to speak up first. "First, you she said 14 and not 9? Second, is she a run away or something?" I look over to Peter who covers her ears so I can explain things a bit easier "her parents left her in the woods six years ago then skipped town. They told her to never leave the forest and not knowing any better she did as she was told. And I'm gonna go out on a whim and say her size is probably due to the lack of food." He closed his mouth and looked rather upset, so did the other three. Peter takes his hands off her ears and I gesture for her to come back over to me, she does a little waddle run. Be still my heart.

Ivory's POV:

I run back over to eyepatch and he points at the other adults in the room and say what I think were their names. First he points to one who has a shiny arm "Bucky". I nod, then he points to the big blonde man and says "Steve" I wave and then finally he points at two adults "Thor and Loki" I point at them and repeat. He nods, I point at him and tilt my head "ah right, I'm nick. Nick fury" I smile "nick!" He chuckles and the others look at him as if their scared of what they just witnessed. I look around at them confused but they just lifted up their hands and shook their heads.

~time skip to when they get back to the base brought to you by my lazy ass~

Finally the big flying bird stopped, everyone got up and left. Nick held out his hand for me which I took. We walked to this really big building, I stopped in my tracks and just stared both in awe and in fear. "This is your new home Ivory" nick looked down to me "Home" I mumble. We walk into the building and it was like nothing I'd ever seen before. It was huge. Everything smelt metallic, we made our way to a door which opened by itself. To which we walked inside of, Peter pushed a button and we started moving, it was kinda weird. It stopped and the doors opened again. We walked out into a big room with a kitchen and a huge couch looking out of the glass onto the city. It had lots of open space. There's a set of stairs going up which I think was a back up for the elevator.

A few sat down on the couch, some went elsewhere, tony and fury brought me to the kitchen and had me sit on the counter. "Are you hungry little one?" Tony asks which I reply with fast nodding. He then starts looking for food and makes me a sandwich? Looked yummy. I ate it quickly and it was surprisingly good. Both adults looked at me and laughed "guess you are hungry" "mhm" I lick my lips to get off the leftover crumbs. I think I ate two more sandwiches until I felt full. The adults started talking about something but I didn't understand so i stretched my wings yawning and covering myself with them I lay down on the counter. Letting the darkness take me I pretty much pass out.

 Letting the darkness take me I pretty much pass out

Tony's POV:

Tony's POV:

Fury and I talk about whose room she'll be closest too and what theme it will be. A puff of feathers catch my eye as we started talking about the bed being off the ground so she'd climb up a ladder or some stairs. I look over to see her laying down on the counter, wings covering everything but her face. Nudging fury he has the same reaction as me; our hearts melt. We decide that's enough talking and that her room shall be beside Loki's and across from Thor's, just in case they both get into trouble. The room is very quickly redone to fit the image we had in mind. Then I pick her up and bring her to her new room. I pass her to fury then climb the ladder, to which he then passes her back to me so I can place her in the bed. Her wings move from her stiff position of covering her body to a more relaxed state lowered slightly. I place the covers over her, just enough for her to keep warm or if she wants to kick off the covers. Fury nods and we decide it's best for us to let her rest for the night. We close the door leaving the room dark until a small nightlight flicks on.