(7) Bruce

Peter's POV:

I walk into Bruce's lab and surprisingly Tony is already there. Saves me the trouble of looking for him. I'm about to knock on the door when Mr. Stark notices me and tells me to come over. "why are you here Peter?" Bruce asks nicely "umm well it's about Ivory" I can tell by Mr Stark's expression he wasn't expecting me to be here to ask about her. "The new kid you guys brought back?" I nod and take a seat beside the two of them. Mr Stark begins questioning me "so what about her?" I rub the back of my neck "well apart from the fact that she is really small considering she is only two years younger than me and the fact she's still got the innocence of a child. She has some concerning mannerisms. Plus from what I heard last night she has horrible nightmares." Tony sighs at hearing what I said "Watch this video Peter" I'm shown Ivory screaming and crying in her room pleading for help and for 'them' to stop. The sight alone makes me tear up. Alight can then be seen as Loki and Thor enter her room, the video then speeds up with them taking turns comforting her though the night and if they leave her alone for more than a few minutes the screaming continues. What is she dreaming about, no, who is she dreaming about?

I look up to see both Tony and Bruce visibly upset about the video "Do you know why she's having nightmares like this?" Tony looks a little helpless but Bruce fills me in a bit "From what we know of her and her past with people; specifically her parents. It is highly likely her parents abused her along with neglecting her until they left her in the forest." I sit there speechless thinking he was done "Then the locals have tried to get rid of her numerous times as she was protecting the wildlife, therefore stopping hunters from killing the animals. I have a feeling she may have encountered a fair share of hunters who tried to hurt her." My head falls to my hands and I'm not sure whether to feel upset at the parents, the hunters or for not knowing about her existence earlier. Bruce starts again but this time it sounds a bit more hopeful for her "It will take years to get over what has happened to her but over time it will get better." I tilt my head "What does 'it' mean?" Tony looks at me as if he's about to break down, "Peter it' very possible everything she's experiencing is because she has a form of PTSD." I didn't know how to react to what I've just learnt. "I'll know more about her condition when I see her and how she interacts with the people around her. Would it be alright for us to meet tomorrow?"

Ivory's POV:

Although I was tired I didn't really want to sleep, most nights I have nightmares but if I don't have nightmares I have no dream. It's peaceful in the black abyss until I wake. Looking out the window I get the urge to fly out and explore. I open the large window and easily slip out. Stretching my wings as I fly feels amazing, don't get me wrong the avengers are nice but kind of protective. It's not like I'll get kidnapped. Flying in the cool night wind was nice yet it felt different from the air back in the forest, probably as there are so many people living here. I look around, there are so many buildings and cars but again although it was louder and more crowded than the forest, the light's at night were quite beautiful.

I fly around for the majority of the night to get a feel of my surroundings and if anything bad does happen I would be able to escape, by now I had memorised the layout of the entire city. That's when I noticed the sun rising. Shoot! The don't know I've left right? I shake my head and fly back to my new home, I land on the window. Carefully I crawl through as to not wake up my neighbour who is probably still asleep. Quietly, I land on the floor, not wasting a second I walk into the bathroom to check how tired I look from a long night out. I don't look too bad I guess. I walk back out maybe a minute later and my lights are on, I get ready to fly off until I see Loki looking up the ladder to my bed: where I should be asleep. "child" He sounds angry "why aren't you in bed?" I look down "I umm needed the toilet" Its obvious he's staring at me, the sound of him walking closer to me scared me a little. He kneels down in front of me and lifts my head so I look at him "Ivory I know you've been out all night. First, I heard you fly off last night, and second the fact you have sunken eyes with dark rings around them, tells me everything i need to know about your sleeping habits." I'm surprised he knew so much from so little information and that he didn't stop me from leaving "why didn't you stop me?" He scratches behind his head and sighs "I felt like escaping and running wild when i first got here. No one trusted me and I didn't trust them, in the end I always came back as I didn't feel as lonely here." I listen to his story and nod "Also tell us when you leave, it doesn't matter who but we need to know as there are bad people out there that will hurt you okay?"
Fully taking his words in I nod and promise to tell someone if I leave in the future.

He picks me up and carries me down a bunch of halls I've never been down before. Then opens a glass door where I see a man, again someone I haven't seen before. "hello Ivory, I'm Bruce and in a little while your going to meet Dr. Strange okay?" I nod and Loki places me down on a chair beside the man, then sits down himself. "would it be alright if I take some blood and run a few tests just to make sure your okay?" I look around for a sharp object, after finding a sharp object I run it along my arm. My blood runs down my arm onto the floor creating a puddle.
I lift my arm happily for them, both Bruce and Loki begin to search for bandage or tissues to stop me from bleeding. "Didn't you want my blood?" "Using a needle! And only a small amount, this much could harm your health" my wound quickly heals and leaves a small cut "see I can heal most small wounds" Both sigh and Bruce grabs a needle. He places it on my arm "this will feel a bit weird" I nod and let him draw blood, once he was done he put a plaster on where he used the needle. "Now Loki is going it take you to Dr Strange so he can do some x-rays and other tests okay? They're just to make sure your healthy. I'll do your blood work in the mean time." I don't really know what blood work is but I'm going to go meet someone new.