Arts and Goodbyes

Is letting go the greatest act of love?

UST art graduate Krayola Tolentino lose her passion for art when her grandfather Kristiano Tolentino died, the man behind the painting masterpiece of "El Amor Duele" which features a woman killing herself to follow her significant other in the afterlife after knowing that her one true love died in a war against Japanese invasion during World War II. Her grandfather's death brought her the highest devastation thinking that the only inspiration she had finally perished together with her dreams. Right then she has come to fathom that art perhaps was never for her, so she decided to be an ornament to society by agreeing to fixed marriage her parents arranged for her to have a better future.

But her decision altered when one solar eclipse occur where she meets Enrico Santos, a determined man whose passion was to be a known painter at his age, claiming that he came from the past, exactly in the year 1896.

The first time she discerns the man, she knew he was rather odd than a random crazy man as the people surrounding her perceives. He dressed bizarrely like an antique man. He talks odd yet full of wisdom. He moves so nimbly, like a gentle wind in the wild. In short, he is the total opposite of her liking. But how come one day she found comfort in his peculiar presence? She found a need to excel in the industry she graduated from.  Even sought inspiration for her dead dream.

Enrico was the last person whom she expects to push her through chasing her dreams, the last person she thinks whom she will fall in love with, but when it was time for Enrico to get back in the past in order not to change the course of the present, sooner or later Krayola will lose her reason again.