Kabanata 25 : Aking Binibini

"KRAYOLA, no..." saway ni Krayola sa sarili nang mahawakan niya ang doorknob para lumabas sa kuwarto. Ngunit ilang segundo pa lamang ang lumipas nang binawi niya ang kamay at umatras mula sa pinto. "Well, even if your feelings got reciprocated, you should stay in your room and forget that he's sleeping in the sala and that he was just a walk away to you and you... and you shouldn't be thinking of going to him, damn it! Stop being desperate, Krayola."

Huminga nang malalim si Krayola at umupo sa kama. Tiningnan niya ang relo sa bedside table at nakitang alas-nuebe na ng gabi. She couldn't just go to the sala and talk with him. It's already late.

Well, at least she knows she's being desperate. She admits to herself that she was still overwhelmed and she liked the way they hold hands and the way they looked into each other when they were eating Pizza on the floor as they talked and laughed reminiscing what happened to them in their first acquaintance at the fountain. She loves it all and keeps wanting more time to spend with Enrico despite the fact of being aware that it was already time to sleep.

However, she couldn't know what suddenly happened to her since she couldn't help the urge of seeing him again before she sleep. Kung pupuntahan niya ito sa sala ay baka makaabala lamang siya rito. Knowing Enrico and his self-discipline, he must have gotten into sleep already.

Napabuntong-hininga si Krayola at tumingin sa pinto. Well, she could have a glass of water if she was thirsty but then she wasn't. Napaisip si Krayola nang sandali at napangiti. It's not that he will know that she wasn't actually thirsty but just wants to see him, right?

Napangisi si Krayola at tumungo sa pinto, ngunit nang akmang bubuksan niya na ang pinto ay muli siyang napaatras at napaisip. What if he will find it annoying? She was acting demure to make herself look calm and lovely in front of Enrico, but she was only pretending she knew. She will never be calm knowing that he was only ten steps away from her room. Now, with that thought, how can she calm down?

How she wished she was like him who was probably dreaming of something right now. While her heart was wilding inside her chest at the moment, Enrico, on the other side, has shown incredibly chastity when it comes to their relationship. Hell, she wouldn't even know what they are together or if it's all right to label them in a relationship. Sure, they have confessed to each and it appears that it was mutual but they didn't actually talk about what they are now whether they are in a relationship or just friends who have the same feelings towards each other.

"What is this behavior, Krayola? You are overthinking..." ang tanging nausal ni Krayola sa kabila ng kanyang pag-aalala. Tumingala siya sa kumikinang na mga butuin at umismid. "I didn't know that attachment and feelings are hard to deal with, especially to those inexperienced like me. What must I do, Daddy Lo?"

Nanatili si Krayola at naghintay sa sagot ng kanyang lolo ngunit napatayo na lamang siya at nagmuni-muni sa balkon. "You don't have to answer, Daddy Lo. I know that you will say that I can do it and that you trust me to do the right thing. Well, let's see. It's hard but that's it, because it wouldn't be worth it if it's not, right? But I guess we will know it tomorrow since it's already late and he is probably asleep. Just wish me luck in there, Daddy Lo. I miss you very much. I love you."

Ngumiti si Krayola bago tumingin sa mga butuin. She made her way towards the side of her bed and she suddenly heard a noise from outside her room. Kunot-noo na tinungo niya ang pinto at napagbuksan ang binata na naghahanda ng kumatok.

"Ginoo? Bakit? May problema ba?" tanong ni Krayola.

Tumitig lamang si Enrico sa kanya bago ngumiti. "Hindi ko alam ang nangyari sa akin, Binibini, pero gusto kitang masilayan bago ako matulog. Alam ko na hindi ko iyon nakagawian noon, siguro masaya lang ako sa balita na iniibig natin ang isa't isa."