s/o who plays the violin [request]

Anonymous asked:

haikyuu (oikawa, kuroo, tadashi) s/o excitedly calls them to come over their apartment, to show them the new song they have learned on the violin and they wanted to show them first

im sorry, this is long :,)

featuring: oikawa, kuroo, and yamaguchi

i actually played the violin in middle school so i tried to expand a little more on this.. enjoy!

oikawa

you're a hard worker just like him so he knows how important this is to you

- playing an instrument and being in an ensemble is similar to playing on a sports team in that you individually have to do your part in order for the group to succeed

- he makes sure that you're fully confident in your ability to play new and more difficult songs

- he doesn't like seeing you struggle or be so hard on yourself but he can only speak for himself and knows how it goes

- he knows that you'll always come around when you're ready

"why, hello there. how's my s/o?" he answered with his familiar greeting.

you didn't even answer his question, getting straight to your point. "toru, can you come over soon?"

he laughed lightly at the urgency of the statement. "hold on, sweetheart. maybe we should go on a date first."

your silence was seemingly unamused by his joke. "i'm being serious, babe. i need to show you something so can you please come?"

"you know i just like playing with you, babe. of course. we're cooling down at practice now and then i'll be there in 15."

"yay! i'll see you then."

"can't wait, baby. love you."

he let himself into your apartment, like always, and proceeded to where he knew you would be.

he knocked on the door frame of your bedroom. "is there a beethoven that lives here?"

you turned around, shaking your head as you strode over to greet him with a hug and kiss.

"hey, sweetie. sorry i'm a little sweaty."

"it's okay. but you know that beethoven didn't play the violin, right?"

he scoffs, feigning offense. "can you just humor me? i try really hard with the music references, you know."

"i know, toru. i love when you do," you reply, giving him another hug. you then pulled away to get back to what you originally called him over for.

"okay. are you ready?"

"yep. let's hear it, baby," he replied, taking a seat at your desk.

you began playing, facing away from him and towards the window. you liked to play in front of the window in your bedroom as you always liked to say that the natural lighting provided a more peaceful setting. seeing the silhouette of your figure while you played was his favorite part.

you've played for him so many times that he developed a sense for when the music was about to end, much to your surprise. with this, he always claps early so that you're smiling for him when you're finished.

"yes, that's my baby right there!" he reacts as he gets up from his seat, continuing to clap until he has you in his arms again, giving you a few praising kisses.

when he pulls away, he keeps his hands caressed over your shoulders.

"is this why i haven't seen you lately, hmm? you've been practicing real hard? aww," he coos, hugging you tightly after you nod.