"my anxiety isn't that bad"

"my anxiety isn't that bad" aka little habits their s/o has that they help to try to relieve

featuring: kuroo, kenma, akaashi and bokuto

this is not to try to romanticize anxiety and/or mental illness! hopefully this will help anyone who experiences any of these behaviors and possibly provide some distraction with your fav hq boys! hope you enjoy <3

kuroo

winter is beautiful, but the dryness it caused to your lips was definitely a low point. especially when the uncomfortable feeling of the chapped skin against your upper lip was enough to make you vigorously pick at it. sometimes you pick at them so much the skin breaks and bleeds a little.

it hurts but it's never really bothered you that much. however, kuroo had to say something after tasting the liquid metal on your lips.

"kitten, have you been picking at your lips again?"

"... you've noticed?"

"of course, sweetheart. i think you do it more than you know." he holds your chin while pulling your lower lip down to see the little scabs along with a fresh spot with dots of blood painting the skin.

"oh kitten," he frowned. "you don't have to tell me but i want to better understand why you do this to yourself. i don't want to make you uncomfortable—"

"it's okay, tetsu. i dunno why i do it. like you said, it's kind of second nature at this point. but i guess it mostly happens when i'm thinking about something. i'm sorry if it worried you.."

"no, no, no kitten. you don't have to be sorry," he replied, pressing a quick kiss to your head. "but thank you for telling me. now what's got this pretty little mind so mixed up that those pretty lips are bleeding, hm?"

it was always something different but nevertheless, you were constantly worrying about something. and if you didn't worry about it, something bad or inconvenient would happen.

"i'm sorry you feel that way, babe," he soothed, the tips of his fingers drumming on the middle of your back. "you can tell me about anything that's bothering you...or i can get you some chapstick so everytime you feel like picking you can just put that on and eventually it'll replace the habit!"

"but for now...lemme distract you with some kisses," he spoke against your lips. "mmm, c'mere gorgeous."

kenma

you liked playing games with kenma but sometimes you just liked to sit and watch him as he played. until one hour would become two, two became three. boy could play for literal hours on end, no matter who was with him or the time of day. so it could get a little tiring after a while and you could feel the urge to do something else, something a little more active.

your leg began to bounce against the edge of his bed.

"y/n, you're doing it again," his soft voice spoke up, his attention unbroken from the tv.

"oh sorry, ken. just feeling a bit restless."

you moved off the bed and onto the floor, resting up against the side of the frame so your leg bouncing wouldn't bother him.

kenma played for a few more minutes before completing another stage, sighing with sudden boredom. he then looked over to see that you had disappeared.

"y/n?.....there you are," peeking over the side of the bed to see you playing on your phone. "what're you doing on the floor?"

"my leg started bouncing a lot and i didn't want to bother you."