Chapter Eight

Katsuki, Mina, Ochako, and everyone else sat in the waiting room. The doctors wouldn't let them be in the room, as they made sure Izuku was okay, and the others had to hold down Katsuki to prevent him from attacking them. Shoto was arrested, and the police asked everyone for their statements. Kaminari had to go to the police station, since he was the one who was on the phone and heard everything. Once the cops dropped him off at the hospital, he refused to let go off Kirishima. His body shaky, and eyes red from crying. Hearing Izuku begging and pleading for Shoto to stop, while he couldn't rush over there and help him, made Kaminari's heart break.

Sero looked around the hospital waiting room, and once he saw it was just them, minus the nurses, he pulled out some marijuana, and rolled it up. He took out his lighter and began smoking, the smell of weed, lingering in the air. Everyone knew Sero had picked up the habit of smoking when his old mate Yuga Aoyama was killed in a cross shooting. It made him depressed and really anxious, but overtime he came to accept what happened. But the unhealthy habit of smoking still remained, and soon he wants to try dating again. But seeing Izuku in that state, triggered his anxiety, and watching one of his closest friends lose his sanity reminded him of what it was like losing someone who meant the world to him.

"I didn't mean to hit you guys." Katsuki suddenly spoke up, his eyes not leaving the tile floor. His leg bounced, and his knuckles bandaged up by one of the nurses.

"We know, Bakubro. We know." Kirishima answered, patting Katsuki's leg lightly. He couldn't picture seeing what happened to Izuku happening to Kaminari. He'd probably go ballistic, tearing and killing anyone in his path, just as Katsuki attempted to do. Kirishima wasn't even the violent person, in that sort, but even beginning to think of Izuku like that made a sour scent roll off of him. He knew how much Katsuki loved him. He knew how kind, and gentle Izuku was, so seeing he suffered like this was unfathomable to him. "It's very understandable."

"Are you guys here for Izuku Midoriya?" A doctor asked, the question alone sent Katsuki straight to his feet.

"Is my mate fucking okay?!" Katsuki asked, his heart beginning to beat faster as the thought of something tragic happened.

"He's awake." Katsuki walked past the doctor, but suddenly the doctor grabbed his arm, preventing him from continuing forward.

"What the fu—"

"He isn't talking. He's out of it. He's going to need to see a therapist, or probably even need to be prescribed medication. He looks lifeless." The doctor let go of Katsuki's arm, and the others stood up to walk into the room as well. "Don't overwhelm him. He won't be able to leave tonight, due to the massive amount of blood loss. But hopefully in a few days, all should be well. A psychiatrist should be in there shortly." And with that the doctor left, which indicated it was a good time for the friend group to walk into the room.

Katsuki walked in first, and his heart dropped.

Izuku sat up straight covered in bandages.  One of his legs in a cast. His emerald eyes bore out the hospital window, ignoring the presence of his friends in the room. Tubes with all sort of medicines were hooked up to an IV and a blood infusion was in his other arm. He finally looked at the friend group, his eyes void of anything before forcing a smile.

"I'm sorry for wasting you guys' time." Izuku spoke, his voice little. "You should all be working or something. Not here ..."

"Izuku!" Ochako cried, as her and Kaminari ran to the bed. They didn't want to risk putting their body weight on him, so they just leaned on the bed and cried. "I love you so much!"

Izuku just stared at them, before looking away. "Yeah, I guess."

It was heartbreaking to see, no doubt about it.