Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Okay. This is just too much to take. Breathe in, breathe out, Psyche. Inhale, exhale!

All the while I really regret that I even talked to him. Not to mention that what he said earlier bugs me to death. I want to die. But the more I think of myself as dying the more I know I will still love it. It’s just hard to explain.

I didn’t let him talk afterwards and I just slammed the door to his face. I faced the mirror that was entirely big in their comfort room. Just seeing myself there even scares me. I am mad at myself being born.  I am mad at my parents because they even agreed on this ridiculous agreement of getting me married to that jerk. I was not even talking or walking when they did that agreement! I was not even formed yet! Clever act I must say. Now I don’t know if I do have any options regarding this.

I sat on the toilet bowl and I tried to mourn for the death of my freedom. I gathered myself up close and I leaned my head on my knees. A tear was about to escape my eye when I heard a knock on the door.

“Are you even planning on coming out?” he said.

I sighed. “If the case is that you really need to pee then I’ll go out.”

He knocked again.

“Go away!” I shouted as I fight back the tears.

“You know, it’s not bad if you talk to Me.” he prompted.

“Talk to you about what?” I sniffed. Now he’s mocking me.

“Well… about this. Maybe we could, you know, figure this out?”

“There’s no way out, Lover boy. I know my parents very well. They love a good jazz square!”

“What?” I hear the frown in his voice.

I rolled my eyes. “They love a good show, okay?”

“Oh.” He says. “But you haven’t even tried yet. So how will you know?”

“It’s because I know there’s no way that they would let me out of this. My parents are Shakespearean addicts! Oh for crying out hysterics!”

“And they love a good jazz square.” He adds. I was about to agree when he continued.

“Psyche,” he said my name like a whisper in thin air. And I was like this Toilet Queen. Day dreaming about his lips whispering my name all over again. OH SHUT UP! Sweet dream turned into a terrible nightmare!

 “Psyche,”

“Please, just give me some time, Cu-“ I even choke on trying to mention his name. “Cupid.”

“I won’t leave you here alone.” He retorted.

I sighed heavily as I tried to be more patient with him.

“You are not really a good listener aren’t you? Dumb.” He snickers from the door.

“But I guess you are a good listener.” He says, there’s a slight smile to his voice.

“Yes, I am and I am a GMRC student—I’m an obedient daughter too. Period.”

“Maybe I should look over your records to see if you have any criminal records.”

“Well, good luck for that!” I shouted as I stood up and wondered around their huge comfort room.

The lotion then fell off the shelf and it made some annoying clattering sounds as it fell to the ground.

“I believe you are not going to touch those things.” He said in a fair warning.

“And why?” I picked up the fallen lotion from the ground.