Chapter 27

Zonnique POV

I can't believe he just did that; he just left his own daughter's birthday party and went off with Bahja and her bastard child. How could he do this to me, to us? I thought we had worked everything out, I thought we were going to be all right from here on out. I thought we had come to an agreement to try and stick this marriage out; not just for the kids, but for us. I love him, he's my world.

"NiqueNique, are you all right," someone asked softly as I sat at the kitchen table and stared off into space, still in a daze trying to comprehend what had really happened. I looked up and saw my mother standing by the doorway of the kitchen. I shook my head and the tears started to fall again.

"How could he do this to me?" I whispered as I wiped furiously away at the tears that were streaking my cheeks. "He promised...." was all I got out before I started sobbing. Within seconds, my mom was by my side, rubbing my back and whispering encouraging words. "Mom...what am I going to do? I think he's really gone this time," I sniffed as I leaned my head on her shoulder. She handed me a tissue and I dabbed at my eyes.

"Baby, how long has this been going on?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Over a year...." I finally admitted after a long silence. I was embarrassed; embarrassed because obviously there was something wrong with me as a wife, and a woman, that I couldn't keep my husband at home where he belonged. Zoey had developed roving eyes and I didn't know how to make him stop and take a good look at what he was going to be giving up if he didn't stop.

"Over a year? Why the fuck would you put up with that bullshit for so long?" my mom retorted. I could tell she was disgusted. Her and my dad never really cared too much for Zoey, but I didn't care. I was in love. And the sad thing was, even after everything that has happened between us lately, I was still in love with him and I didn't want to give him up. There was a nothing reason that I didn't want to give up on us; the reason was growing slowly in my belly. I hadn't told him yet; I was going to tell him tonight after Brielle's party. Was there even a point in telling him now?

"I tried mom. I tried to let it go and to go through with the divorce. But every time we almost had it finalized, he would come back on his hands and knees, begging for forgiveness and swearing up and down that it would never happen again," I said sadly as I looked down at my hands. I glanced at my left hand; I still had my wedding band on; I had never taken it off, even when the divorce was so close to being finalized. I just couldn't. I couldn't let go of the idea that my marriage was over.

"I don't understand, dear. Why can't you let him go? If he loved you as much you think he does, he wouldn't be doing this to you. He would have ended it with that girl a long time ago. It seems to me that he doesn't think much of you as a person if he keeps letting her come around. And....I don't want to ask because I really don't want to know, but the baby that Bahja's girl was holding.....is that Zoey's?"

"No...well, I don't know for sure. He swears that she isn't and the only reason he says that is because of Dakota's eyes."

"And you believed that?" my mother asked as she looked at me like I was a crazy woman.

I nodded. "I suggested that he get the baby tested just to make sure. I guess he never did, or if he did then he never told me for sure."

My mom stood up and patted me on the back. "There isn't time to think about this right now. You have a little girl out there who had been so excited for today and now she's sitting on the stairs crying her pretty little eyes out. Buck up and take care of your little one. We'll worry about that asshole later," mom said as she started to leave the kitchen.

I nodded to myself, wiped my eyes one more time, put on a shaky smile and went out into the living room to try and salvage the day.

.

.

Zoey's POV

After I left Bahja and Dakota at the motel, I drove across town and ended up in front of the house I shared with Zonnique. I had to let Bee go; I had to let her go because I couldn't lose Niqu. I needed her. I felt like such an ass for what happened today. I know today was important to Brielle and I know I fucked it all up by leaving with Bee instead of telling her to get lost. I can't help it though; I'm a man and I'm weak. I know it's no excuse and I'm probably out of second, third and fourth chances with Niwue, but I'm for real this time. It's over between me and Bee. I meant what I said when I would finish paying off some bills for her, but after that, she's on her own.

I sat on the front steps for a few minutes, not sure if I should go inside or not. There's a lot of cars parked in the driveway now; Brielle's birthday party is in full swing. I know if I go inside and act like nothing's wrong right now, Nique won't throw me out. She would never make a scene like that in front of company; I knew her better than that. What she would do is she would smile politely at me and act civil enough to me until all of our guests left and then she would make her scene. And it would be even worse than it normally would because more than likely her nosy mother would hang around and bitch at me too.

I was just about to open the front door when it opened. Jayden, Tip came outside and motioned for me to sit down. I never really got along with her dad; he's always looked at me like I was a loser. Never mind that I'm famous, can give my wife and kids anything they want. He doesn't like me because I took Nique away from them. And now he has another reason to hate me-I cheated on his princess and made her cry. "Sit down," he said sternly. I sat down without a word, I knew what was coming. "What the hell is wrong with you, son?" he asked softly. "How can you treat your wife like this? You know that woman loves you and would do anything for you. And those kids," he sighed. "Those kids adore you. My suggestion, if you want to keep what you have with Nique and the kids, is that you get rid of that tramp that was here earlier now and get on your knees and beg my daughter's forgiveness."

"I fucked up-" I began to say.

"Zoey, you did more than fuck up. You're trying to throw away everything that you have just for a piece of ass. Think about what you're doing. There's a little girl in there that isn't having a good birthday party because she misses her daddy. Get your worthless ass in there and be a man." And with that, he stood up and walked back inside the house.

****Tell em TIP😋😋😋😋Couple more chapters till story is over😫😫😫Check out some of my new stories please😊😊😊
COMMENT AND REVIEW😘😘😘😘