Chapter 20

Bahja POV-

I paced around the living room of mine and Zoey's house with my cell-phone pressed to my ear. He had left me a few days ago, demanded that I get Dakota tested and he said that he was going to visit his wife. Not only was I outraged by this but my heart was broken. Yes, I lied to him about Dakota. But why would he throw away everything we had like this? And then he goes and sees his 'wife'? The same woman that didn't even care to spend time with him?

I groaned in frustration as my call went to voicemail again. I had been trying all day to get in touch with Zoey but there was still no answer. My mom had taken Dakota for a few days so I was here by myself going insane. I was about to try Zoey's cell again when the front door opened and he came inside. I tried to read his facial expression, but I couldn't muster anything. He caught my eye.

"Hi," I said quietly while taking a seat on the couch. He nodded a response before throwing his bag to the side and sitting in the armchair.

"Did you get her tested?" Zoey questioned.

I shook my head, "No." There was no point in testing Dakota; I knew she wasn't Zoey's seed. That was definitely Prodigy's baby.

"Why the hell not?" He asked, raising his voice slightly.

"There's no point. She's clearly not yours."

"Really? So you knew that this whole entire time and you didn't tell me?"

"I didn't want you to leave me." My voice was breaking at this moment and tears where streaming down my face. I couldn't lose Zoey. He was my roc and I depended on him for, well, everything.

He chuckled, "Why is that? Because you knew without me you won't have shit? Or is it because you 'care' about me."

"I do care about you, Zoey. I love you!" I half-way screamed through my tears.

"That's bullshit and you know it! If you loved me, you wouldn't have laid down with Prodigy," Zoey yelled back.

"I was drunk. I barely remember that night. I'm really sorry just don't leave me," I pleaded, wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Give me one good reason why I should stay with you."

"You know how I feel about you, Zoey. My feelings are true and yours are too. If they weren't, you wouldn't have left your 'wife' for me."

"I resent that," He replied, looking away from me. I got up from my seat and crawled onto his lap. I rested my head against his chest and held him close to me.

"We can work this out. Please, don't leave me," I begged. "I'll do anything for your forgiveness." Zoey started down at me before a smirk registered on his face.

"Anything, huh?" He purred in my ear. I nodded in reply. Phil smiled and pushed down on my shoulders before motioning towards his crotch. I knew what he wanted, and I rarely did it for him because I didn't enjoy it. But right now, I was desperate to keep the man I loved. I moved from his lap, got on my knees and positioned myself in front of his crotch. He separated his legs as I unbuckled his belt, pulled down his pants and his boxers. He smiled down at me and ran his hands through my hair.

"I love you, Bahja," He whispered.

"I love you too," I whispered back. I swallowed the lump in my throat and proceeded to give him head..

...

The next day I woke up in the large, tattooed arms of my boyfriend. I had been awake for about an hour or so now but didn't move. I didn't want to disturb Zoey; he looked so peaceful in his sleep. I shifted my weight and rested my head against his chest. I quietly cursed myself out when he started to move about and his eyes slowly fluttered open. He looked down at me and scrunched his eyebrows together, as if he was confused to why he was here with me.

"Hey," I greeted him quietly. "Sorry for waking you." Zoey grunted in response and peered around the room. It was silent for a moment before he finally spoke.

"What time is it?" He questioned while letting out a small yawn.

"It's almost noon." He rose from his spot on the bed and stretched his body out.

"You going to fix up some lunch or what?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I wanted to wait until you got up." I got out of bed and wrapped my robe around my body. I walked past Zoey to head downstairs but he grabbed me by my waist and pulled me onto his lap. He kissed me forcefully on the lips as his fingers crept underneath the bottom of my robe.

"You're mine. Don't forget that," He growled into my ear, softy nibbling on it. I sighed with content, nodded again and got off his lap. I made my way downstairs to the kitchen to make Zoey's lunch. Yesterday after I gave him what he wanted, he carried me off into the bedroom and we had somewhat of makeup sex. However, I could tell there was a message behind it. He was letting me know that no man can give me pleasure the same way he does. Rapidly, I got his food together, got him a can of Pepsi and brought it up the stairs to him. As I was approaching the door, I could hear him talking softly on the phone.

"I'll be home again soon. I had to get my things together here," He said quietly into the phone. He paused for a moment, letting the other person on the line speak, I presume, before continuing. "I love you too, Zonnique." After hearing that, I made my presence known and walked inside the room. Zoey looked up at me in shock, mumbled something into the phone and hung up quickly. I set his food down on the nightstand and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Who was that?"

"Nothing important. It had to do with work." I could tell by how rushed his words were that he was lying. I didn't question anything, though. What right did I have to do so? I had lied to him too. But she was still around and there was only one way to get rid of her. As Zoey dove into his food, I stretched out on the bed and layed my head on his lap. As I played with my robe tie, I thought of things that could get rid of Zonnique. There was only really one way: marriage.