Chapter 19

Zoey's POV

After Bahja confessed to me that Dakota wasn't mine, I was livid. I knew that if I stayed in the house with her right now, I would do something that I would regret. I drove around until I found a hotel to stay in for the night. I paced around the room for a couple of hours, cursing her for bringing chaos into my life. Now what the hell was I going to do? She had just admitted that she cheated on me. Fucking slut. And the worst part? She cheated on me with Prodigy. Zonnique was right; she was just a ring rat after my money. Zonnique.

I missed Nique suddenly. I wanted to fly back to Atkanta, pound on the front door and beg her to forgive me. I knew my wife better than that however. I knew that she could be stubborn when she wanted to be; and given the way that I had treated her and the kids over the last couple months, I knew she wasn't just going to cave in and take me back just like that. I was either going to have to beg on my hands and knees for her to forgive me or I was going to have to lay it on thick and plead with her that it would never happen again. I didn't like to beg...

.

.

It was almost midnight when I finally worked up enough nerve to call Zonnique. The kids would be in bed and she was probably still up working on something. She answered the phone and I ended up blurting out what had happened and that I wanted to come back home. She immediately told me no and actually stood her ground. What the fuck? This wasn't the Zonnique that I had married; the girl I had married almost gave into me immediately.

She had just told me no, she didn't want to take me back again. I let out a big sigh. I guess I was going to have to go the other route and lay it on thick. "Nique, I'm really, really sorry for everything that happened. I never meant to hurt you or the kids. I guess....I don't know, I was feeling frustrated and lonely about being on the road alone every night and then when I came home it didn't feel like you were there when I needed you to be." This is what she wanted; she liked it when I confessed my 'deep feelings' to her. Usually after I did this, she gave in to me right away.

"No," she said again. What the fuck?

"Nique, please. I know we can work this out. I'm admitting that I made a mistake and that I'm really sorry. Please. Let me come back home so we can at least talk about this like adults."

"Zoey....the time for talking is over. You had your chance to talk to me, and you decided that moving to Atlanta with Bahja was more important than working things out with me. Our divorce is going to be finalized in two weeks....I'm sorry about Bahja lying to you, but there's really nothing I can do. Good night," she said. But she didn't hang up right away. I still had a chance.

"I'm getting on the next flight to Atlanta. We're going to talk," I said simply.

After a minute of silence, I was worried that she hand hung up on me. "Fine. We'll talk, but that's it. You aren't moving back in and we're finalizing the divorce in two weeks like we had planned."

I smirked a little; I always got what I wanted from Nique. Now, what the hell do I do with Bahja?

.

.

The next morning I stopped by the house I had bought for Bahja. I was giving her one more chance; I wanted a DNA test done on Dakota. If she was mine, she could keep the house, I didn't care anymore. But if that baby wasn't mine, Bahja can go fuck herself and get the hell out of my house. Yeah, I was being a dick about it; but I had made a lot of changes for her, and then she went and did this to me? I don't think so.

I walked in the front door and threw my keys on the table by the door. Bahja was sitting in the living room with Dakota in her arms. It looked like she had been crying. "Zoey! I'm so glad you're back. Please don't leave again; I know we can work this out-" I cut her off.

"Get to the clinic today and get a DNA test done on that baby. If she's mine, we'll talk. If not, you can pack your shit and get out," I said gruffly as I pushed past her and went upstairs to our bedroom. I had found a flight that was heading to Atlanta in about two hours and I needed to hurry if I was going to make it. I was just about done packing when I heard Bahja walk into our bedroom. "Can we please talk now, Zoey?" she asked me in that husky voice of hers. I dropped what I was doing and closed my eyes; I needed to resist her charms right now or we would end up tangled in the bed sheets and I would miss my flight.

"It's not time to talk yet, Bahj. Go to the clinic and get Dakota tested. I'll stop by the clinic on my way to the airport and take the test."

"Airport?" she asked. "Where are you going? I thought you were done with work for a while now? Are you leaving me?" she asked as her voice raised a few octaves. She was scared of losing me. Good. She should have thought about that before she started sleeping with Prodigy of all people.

"Atlanta," I said simply as I finished zipping up my suitcase and brushed past her. She followed me down the stairs. "Zoey! Wait! Why are you going back to Atlanta?"

"I'm going to see my wife...." I said as I turned to glare at her. I smirked at the shocked look on her face, grabbed my car keys and left her standing there.