Chapter 6

-Bahja's POV-

It was 9:45 in the morning and I was up having a conversation with Zoey. He had called me out of the blue; something he rarely did. It made me feel great inside that he thought enough to call me. I was congratulating him on his performance, and saying how much I missed him. He was telling me how he couldn't wait to see me and that he missed me too. However, our conversation was cut short yet again.

"I have to go," Zoey murmured gruffly into the phone. I could hear him fumbling around with the phone and before I could say anything, I heard another voice in the background. A female's voice. My heart dropped. I heard a quiet 'click' and I tossed my phone to the side. My speculations were clearly true. It was right in front of my face and I couldn't run from it nor try to work my way around it.

Zoey was cheating on me. With who? I had no idea. But I was ready to find out. I picked up my cell phone once again and searched for the nearest flight that was going to Atlanta. I needed to go confront Zoey and I couldn't wait two weeks. I needed to do it right now. A flight to the windy city was heading out at midnight tonight, so I had time to pack and get to the airport. I packed a few bags, threw my purse together and changed quickly. I flew out of my apartment building, to my car and drove to the airport. I was a woman on a mission, and that mission was to get and keep my man.

...

I threw my Northface over my shoulders and walked slowly towards the car I had rented at the airport. It was nearly 2 in the morning when I had gotten to Atlanta, so I knew I wouldn't have been able to get any 'business' done then. I had driven around the neighborhood I knew Zoey lived in to find a cheap motel to crash at for the night, and once I did I got myself a room and went straight to bed.

It was now 3 in the afternoon and I was on my way to pay Zoey a surprise visit. I was going to be blunt with him and straight to the point. I need to know what's going on and I need to know now. I climbed into the driver side of my rental car and sped down the street to Zoey home. I knew exactly where he lived due to the fact that he had brought me to his house for a night when I had come to Atlanta. He knew I was coming then. But right now, this was going to be a complete shock to him.

I made it in front of Zoey's home and quickly parked the car and got out. I clutched my jacket close to me and walked slowly up the front steps of his house. I didn't know what to expect. Was he going to be mad at me for coming here unannounced? I didn't have time to think, however. I knocked quietly on the door to his house and waited. A few moments passed before the front door opened slowly and a woman appeared. My heart sank to the bottom of my chest. We stared at each other for a second; it was like staring in a mirror. We had the same big brown eyes.

"Who the hell are you?" The woman snapped, interrupting my thoughts. I swallowed the knot in my throat and continued to stare at her.

"I'm BAHJA. Is Zoey here? Are you the maid or something?" I questioned with an eyebrow raised. She in turn raised her eyebrow and shook her head.

"No. I take care of this household but I'm anything but a 'maid'. I'm Zoey's wife. What do you want with my husband, Bahja?" She challenged, her teeth clenched when she said my name. I felt my palms become sweaty. Did she just say she was his wife? The man I've been dating for 3 months and madly in love with is married?

"Your 'husband' and I have been dating for the past 3 months." Her eyes seemed to darken with sadness and anger. She closed her eyes and a stray tear fell from her cheek. I didn't realize I was crying too until the tear ran across my lips. I wiped at my eyes just as the woman opened hers.

"How could you sleep with a married man, you home wrecking whore?" She yelled at me. I jumped at her screams and glared softly at her.

"I'm not a home wrecker. In my eyes, you're the home wrecker here. I didn't even know he was married!"

"Oh really? What are you, some slutty little hoe that sleeps with all the rappers for a fuck and a buck?" I ignored her insults and took a step back.

"We honestly should not be sitting here screaming at each other; that isn't going to fix anything. The bottom line is, I didn't know Zoey was married and you didn't know he was seeing me. The two of us need to sit down and talk about this because we're both adults here," I persuaded quietly. The woman eyed me suspiciously but she gave in.

"My name is Zonnique. Come in and we can talk about this." I nodded and followed her into the home. This was not the way things were supposed to turn out but what was I going to do? All I know is, I love Zoey and I'm sure there is a logical explanation to all of this. I hope..

-Zoey's POV-

I turned the radio in my car up a bit and continued to drive down the school to the kids' school. Today was there last day, and I knew they would be excited for their dad to come pick them up. However, my mind wasn't on my kids. My mind was on the fact that I had gotten caught this morning. I got caught red handed talking to Bahja on the phone by Zonnique.

From the look in her eyes, I could see she had already realized what was going on. But that wasn't going to break me.

I ignored the hurt and pain in her eyes and denied all of her allegations. It's not that I enjoyed hurting my wife. It was the fact that she didn't mind hurting me. She hurt me every time she decides to go and spend time at that job of hers than with me, instead of waiting at home for me like she should be doing. She's always on the go; she's working, tutoring or volunteering for something. It hurts that since we have two kids together, our life has to change. I want my old NiqueNique back. I want the Zonnique that would go out with me anywhere and everywhere. I want my care-free, fearless Zonnique back and I honestly don't think I'm going to get that.

Which is why I turned to Bahja. Skylar is young, wild and free. She lives for the moment; just like me, and just like Nique used to be. They honestly remind me a lot of each other, which is why I was so attracted to Bee when I first met her. They have the same deep, beautiful eyes and both have that thickness that I love so much. What makes it all so much better is that Bahja has Zonnique's old personality. The only problem is why Zonnique can't get her own personality back?

I missed my Nique, and the only reminder of the old her is Bahja. But I'm in love with Nique, she owns my heart. She always has and she always will. However, my feelings for Zonnique aren't going away any time soon. Which is why I can never let either one of them go.