Chapter 11

After I left Bahja's hotel room, I managed to hold back my tears until I made it back to the parking garage. And then I let them flow. I sat in my car and cried into the steering wheel; why was this happening to me? To us? What did Bahja do for Zonnique that I couldn't?

Wiping my tears away, I saw that it was almost eight o'clock'; Zoey would be back with the kids soon, I had better get home and act like nothing was wrong. I needed to act like my husband of over seven years hadn't just ripped my heart in two by his actions.

.

.

"Come here," Zoey growled from his spot on the bed. I put down my hair brush and glanced one more time in my reflection in the mirror. Was it something about the way I looked? That didn't make sense; Bahja looks nothing like me except for the big brown eyes, long bouncy hair, same full lips, except that her face is a little big younger, and her hips aren't as wide as mine. I never minded that my hips were a little bit wider than from when I first met Zoey; the change in my body just reminded me that I was a mother to two beautiful kids. I swallowed the lump that was forming in my throat and turned to face my husband, who was sitting on the edge of the bed in just his boxer shorts, his head tilted to the side and a sexy smirk on his lips. I loved this man so much, I had given him so much of my life; I found myself wondering again how the hell could he do this to me?

I slowly walked over to the bed and tried my hardest not to tremble when his hands went directly to my hips to pull me closer to him; I tried not to shiver when I felt the soft loving touch of his fingers tracing small circles on my flesh. I looked down at him, at his beautiful hazel eyes that I loved for so long. Could I still do this? Could I still be intimate with him knowing that I had just met his mistress today? If I was really go to do this, how could I stop myself from wondering if he was mentally comparing me to Bahja?

"I love you..." he growled slowly as he rested his head on my stomach and pulled me closer to him. I mumbled back that I loved him too, because I did, I really did. "Sure you're not still mad at me?" he mumbled in my stomach as his hands started wandering from my hips to the small of my back where they traced a small tattoo. It was a tattoo of a heart. A small red heart that I had let him talk me into getting one day right after we had gotten married and before we knew that soon our lives would change with the discovery of my pregnancy with Jayden.

I shook my head and let out a sigh. "Tell me, Nique...." he trailed off as he started to place small kisses on my stomach, slowly working his way up to my breasts. "I need to hear you say that you're not mad at me, baby...."

I took his chin in my hands and tilted his head up so he was looking at me, then I moved so I was now straddling his lap, looking him straight in the eye. Would he lie straight to my face? "Zo...are you sure there's no one else? You only love me?" I whispered to him, giving him another chance to tell me the truth.

"I promise, Nique. There's no one but you..." he murmured softly as he looked me straight in the eye. How could he lie right to my face about this? I had met the fucking proof today!

"All right...." I whispered as I watched him smirk as soon as I told him that I wasn't mad at him. In one swift movement, he had moved us from the edge of the bed to the middle, and now he was on top of me, straddling me. As he started kissing my body and his hands began to wander, I decided to put all my thoughts of him and Bahja out the window for the night and just concentrate on loving him. My husband.

.

.

Zoey's POV

I watched Zoey sleep peacefully beside me; I had worn the girl out tonight. Making sure that she was out for the night, I gently kissed her forehead before I crawled out of bed and looked around for my boxers. Finding them, I slipped them on along with a pair of jeans and headed downstairs to my 'man cave'. I couldn't sleep; which really wasn't that unusual for me to begin with, but my mind was racing. It was racing because I had almost gotten caught earlier this week. I love Nique, I do, but there's something about Bahja I can't get out of my head. She is different. She's free, she's wild, she doesn't have a ton of responsibilities weighing her down; I can have fun with her and then just get up and leave the next morning or even that same night.

I hadn't heard from her all day, which was kind of weird so I decided to give my little secret a call. I settled into my favorite recliner in the basement and dialed her number. While I was waiting for Bahja to pick up, I looked around the room. Nique had insisted that we remodel the basement so I could have a place to go when I needed a break from life. This room was perfect; a couple of old recliners, a leather couch, a huge television, a couple of gaming systems and three bookshelves of books and comics. This was a man's paradise. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to get Bahja's voicemail when she finally picked up.

"Hello..." she said in that soft sexy southern accent of hers; that damn accent drove me insane, and she knew it.

"Hey, baby..." I said softly as I turned on the CD player; if Nique decided to sneak up on me again while I was on the phone with Bahja, at least she wouldn't be able to hear my side of the conversation with the music on.

"Hi, Zo. How are you?" she said quietly.

"Good. Good. How's my pretty girl doing tonight? Miss me?"

A few seconds of silence went by, which was really unusual for her, before she answered. "Of course I miss you, Zo. How much longer before you get to come down and see me again?"

I smirked. I liked that Bahja was so anxious for my company all of the time; that's part of the reason I like her so much. Nique is so wrapped up in her everyday life that sometimes she forgets about me. "Pretty soon, honey....I miss you so much...." I trailed off. "Tell me, Bee, what are you wearing?" I asked her. I leaned back in my chair and closed my eyes, smiling as she told me about the little pajamas she was wearing right now and then my smile got bigger as she told me about the sexy black and red number she picked up at Victoria's Secret for when I came down to visit her in a few weeks.

Right now, life was pretty good for me. I had a wife who adored me, and I had a girlfriend who adored me. Nothing was going to ruin this for me. Nothing.