Chapter 12

Zoey's POV

"I just don't understand, Zoey. If you're supposed to be taking a break, why are you flying out to the studio," Zonnique asked as she leaned against the kitchen counter and crossed her arms across her chest. She was glaring at me with suspicious in her eyes.

"I'm on Mindless Behavior song, baby, you know that," I said gently as I took a step towards her. I tried to move her arms away from her chest so I could pull her in for a hug, but she wouldn't budge. She was really pissed at me. After talking to Bahja last night, we made plans for me to fly down to see her and then when I was done at her apartment, I would meet my niggas .

"I know that, I just don't understand why you're still working while you're still technically on vacation," she said softly as she looked down at the ground. She had dropped her arms from her chest and I took this opportunity to swoop in and gather her up in my arms. She was vulnerable right now and I needed this moment to convince her that I didn't really want to go, I wanted to stay here with her.

"Nique....I know you don't understand, but this is my job-" I started to say before she cut me off.

"I do understand, Zoey. I just wished that you had told me that you were going to have to leave this week instead of getting the kids all riled up with your plans. Jayden was really looking forward to going to that baseball game with you tomorrow night and Brielle was so excited last night after you told her that you were taking her to the zoo that she could hardly sleep."

"I can still do all those things with the kids-" she cut me off again. This was starting to get irritating.

"Not if you're in LA, Zonnique," she snapped back at me as she tried to move away from me. I was quicker than her, however, and I held her in place against the kitchen counter.

"Don't start, Nique. This job pays for everything. This nice house, the kids' tuition at that fancy private school you insisted that they go to, that jobs paid for your shiny new car, it pays for your fancy clothes, the kids' toys-"

"I don't care about any of that, Zoey-"

"Stop interrupting me, woman," I warned her. "You know I hate it when you don't let me finish my sentence." This was another reason why I turned to Bahja; Nique was so head strong that she never let me get a word in edge wise, while Bahja hung on my every word. "I need to fly out to LA this afternoon. I'll be back in three days. You manage to get along just fine without me for weeks at a time, I'm sure you can manage to get along without me for three days. I'll be back on Friday, then you have my complete attention for the rest of my time off."

She rolled her eyes at me. "Whatever," she mumbled as she tried to move away from me, but I still had my hands on either side of her hips. I leaned down and kissed her hard on the mouth, taking what was mine. She had married me, promised to love and obey me for the rest of our lives. She wasn't going to start acting like this now.

"Don't 'whatever' me, Nique. I love you. I'll be back in a few days," I growled before I kissed her hard on the mouth again and then moved away from her. I watched her; I wanted to see what she was going to do now. Seeing that she was going to give in, I smiled and said that I loved her, and then I went upstairs to finish packing.

.

.

.

After the incident in the kitchen, I gave Nique some of the best sex of her life, just to let her know who wore the pants in this marriage. I did. And she had better not forget that. I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything; this was just the way that our marriage worked.

Within half an hour of landing, I had made it to Bahja's apartment. Looking around the shady neighborhood, I wondered if it was time to move her into a nicer neighborhood. I went inside the front door and walked down the hallway to Bahja's apartment, careful to keep my hood up and my head down so no one would recognize me. That's all I needed; someone to recognize me and run to the dirt sheets that Zoey was seen in a shady apartment building instead of being with his loving wife.

After a few seconds, Bahja opened the door; her pretty face broke out into a big smile when she saw me standing there. "I can't believe you're here," she whispered as she pulled me inside and closed the door behind me. I smirked at her, set my bag down and then placed my hands on her narrow hips. With one swift movement I had her against the closed door. "Missed you..." I mumbled into her neck as her hands went to the back of my head and started playing with my hair. I continued my attack on her neck for a few minutes before the urge to have her overcame me. I picked her up and carried her across the small living room and into her bedroom. I dropped her on the bed and went to work undressing her. "Beautiful," I mumbled as I looked down at her. "Just beautiful...."