Chapter 10

-Bahja POV-

I paced back and forth in my hotel room, awaiting the hotel phone to ring and for the clerk downstairs to tell me I had a guest. That guest would of course be her-my boyfriend's, or now ex-boyfriend's, wife. I took a seat on the couch in a huff and rocked myself back and forth. I had kept calm down our meeting at the coffee shop, but I was going insane right about now.

I love Zoey. I truly care about him. How could he do this to me? Hell, how could he do this to her? His wife. A few stray tears fell down my cheeks as I thought of Zoey's children. He had a whole family. So, why did he need me? Was I really nothing to him but, as Zonnique put it, a 'fuck and a buck'? I wiped at my eyes once I heard the telephone ringing. I picked it up quickly and sucked up my tears.

"Hello," I said in the calmest voice I could muster.

"Hi, front desk here. We have someone by the name of Zonnique Zuko here to see you," The clerk informed me. A small, unfamiliar pain seemed to pang through my chest as I heard the last name.

"Yes. Send her up," I whispered into the phone before hanging up. I dried my eyes once again and composed myself. A few minutes passed before I heard a soft knock on the door. I approached the door, opened it and there she was. I stared up at her blankly.

"Hi," Nique greeted quietly before stepping past me and into the hotel room. I closed the door behind her and sat down onto the couch. Nique sat next to me, a bit far away though.

"Did you bring the cell-phones?" I questioned. She nodded and took the phones out of her purse, along with the chargers and minute cards. I plugged the phones up and Zonnique cleared her throat.

"Are we going to tell Zoey about this?"

I shook my head, "Not yet. As I said before, we need to act like nothing ever happened. We never met and we don't speculate a thing about him cheating on us."

"That's not going to work. I heard Zoey talking to you the other morning and I confronted him about it. He won't believe I just forgot about it."

"Hasn't he been trying to convince you otherwise? Just make it seem like you actually believe him."

"I can try," Nique replied with a sigh before asking, "What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to continue to play my role; call him every other night, tell him I love and miss him, all that stuff. During this time we can be ruining him. In a few weeks he's supposed to come down and spend a whole 7 days with me. That can be when we blow it all up in his face." Nique nodded in agreement.

"Sounds good to me." The two of us sat and talked awkwardly for a few more moments as we waited for the phones to boot up. Once they were charged enough, we got the numbers off of it and traded them. As I was walking Nique to the door, she turned abruptly and took a deep breath before speaking.

"I have one more question. Things between you and Zoey, they were always casual, correct? You two never took it a step further?"

I chewed on my bottom lip before answering, "If I told you your husband and I weren't emotionally as well as physically involved, I'd be lying." Nique's eyes watered up slightly but she rubbed away her forming tears.

"I figured. I just wanted to know for my own sanity," She said quietly before darting out of the room. I stared after her for a second before closing my door and falling back onto my bed. I wanted to trust Nique with this little 'project' of ours. Zoey had hurt her just as much as he hurt me, hell, probably even more. But why did I get the feeling she wasn't going to be able to withstand this?

****Damn WHY ZOEY HAD TO HURT HIS WIFE LIKE THAT LIKE THAT SHIT MAKES ME MAD........And Bahja too....she ain't know he was married so you can't Blame her. Hope this project goes as planned**