Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I was excited, but at the same time stressed out. I was trying to get everything packed and ready to go so me and the kids could be ready when Zoey got home. He was going to be home for two weeks after his album release before his goes on tour for it. Really he was just going to be on a well-deserved vacation, with a few 'surprise' media bookings, for two weeks. I was over beyond excited when he told me that he was going to spend these two weeks at home in Atlanta with us.

"Mommy!" Brielle screamed from upstairs. I rolled my eyes and sighed; why couldn't that child just come down here when she wants something? I started to head up the stairs when the front door opened and Zoey came strutting through the door. I gave him a small wave and a smile before I headed upstairs to see what Bri wanted.

"Why are you screaming at me?" I asked as I looked around her room in sheer disbelief; her room was trashed! Every Barbie doll, every baby doll, every damn toy she had was thrown about her room. "Brielle Marie Zuko! What happened to your room?" I scolded her.

Her bottom lip started to tremble as he blue eyes started to well up with tears. "Mommy, I can't find Susie bear," she said softly.

I sighed and looked around the room quickly. I needed to help her find that teddy bear or she would go straight into meltdown mode in a matter of seconds. Susie bear was an old brown teddy bear that Zoey had gotten her the day she was born; that bear never left her sight. I was just about to get on my hands and knees and start looking under the bed, when a deep voice came from the doorway.

"Hey now, why is someone crying up here?" I turned around and smiled at Zoey. "I just came in the door and no one's downstairs to say hi to daddy. What's going on?" he asked as he came further into the room and scooped up a near tears Brielle.

"I can't find Susie bear!" she wailed.

"Aw. I'm sure mommy will find her," Zoey said softly as he let Brielle wrap her little arms around his neck and hug him tight. "Mommy's good at a lot of things," he said softly. I could tell that his eyes were mentally undressing me right now as I was on my hands and knees on our daughter's bedroom floor searching frantically for that teddy bear. "Mommy is the best....." he trailed off as I turned around and caught him smirking at me. I loved this man; daddy was home.....

.

.

I stifled a yawn as I looked at my watch; it was going on three in the morning and Zoey was still celebrating his big performance earlier tonight. We were sitting at a closed pizza parlor with Prince and they were talking a mile a minute to each other. I didn't mind being ignored right now; Zoey was having a great time catching up with his best friend.

There was a lull in the conversation when Zoey finally turned to me. "Ready to head home, baby," he growled softly as his big hand started rubbing my thigh under the table. I nodded with a shy smile and said good night to Prince and started to head towards the exit.

The drive back to our house was quiet, except for the occasional grunt or growl of pleasure from Zoey. He has this certain....control over me that causes me to do all sorts of irrational things. For example, right now, instead of watching the night time city lights outside the passenger window, I was leaning over his lap right now, giving him head while he was driving; as a sort of 'congratulations' on his big win tonight. Every once in a while, he would pull on my hair and hiss at me. The things I do for this man....

.

.

The next morning, he let me sleep in while he tended to the kids. I woke up and sleepily reached over for him, and noticing he was not in our bed, I looked at the clock. Shit. It was almost ten o'clock. I got out of bed and pulled on a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt, stopping before I put on the sweatshirt to 'admire' the souvenirs of our heated love making session that he had left on my neck. I rolled my eyes and finished getting dressed. I pulled my messy blonde hair into a haphazard knot on the top of my head while I walked out of bedroom and headed down the hallway to the staircase. I could hear Zoey talking to someone softly on his cell phone as I started coming down the stairs. Now, I'm not usually a nosy wife who demands to know who he is talking to at all times, but given my recent suspicions, I stopped halfway down the stairs and tried to listen to his side of the conversation.

"Thank you, baby," he growled softly into his cell phone. I wondered if he was smiling right now.

"Yeah, it is pretty awesome. I'm really excited; this is going to open a lot of doors for me. Plus....I'll get to travel a lot more. And you know what that means...." he chuckled softly.

"I miss you too....I miss those pretty, naughty lips of yours....and other things...Pretty soon we'll be together again and then you can congratulate me in person...."

I couldn't listen to this anymore. This had to stop; I had to confront him. I started back down the stairs, careful to make some noise so he knew that I was coming. He turned around and his hazel eyes grew wide as he saw me, he quickly mumbled something into the phone and hit the 'end call' button.

"Who was that?" I asked softly as I sat down in the chair across from him.

He hesitated for a split second before he answered. "Princeton."

I tilted my head to the side and narrowed my eyes at him. "Funny...I didn't know you thought Price had such a pretty mouth..."

The look on his face told the truth. I knew. And he was caught.