Chapter 23

-Zoey's POV-

I turned the radio down a bit and continued to drive down the quiet streets of Atlanta, nodding my head to the beat of the song playing. I was on my way to see my family; it'd been a long time since I've spent actual time with them. Of course Bahja was upset about this. Before the baby was born, she would've just sucked it up and let me go but now she's bitching and whining about it. I hate it when women question me; what happened to my old Bahja? What happened to the girl that agreed with anything that I would say and never questioned me? With her new ways, all she's doing is pushing me back into Zonnique's arms.

But I can't say I'm upset about that; I miss my wife. I'm in love with Zonnique and it took Bahja turning into a little bitch for me to realize that. I've been with Nique for so long....since the beginning. She's supported me in everything and never asked for anything in return except for me to love her. But can I really leave Bahja? She depends on me; she needs me. Without me, she won't have anything and Mya would suffer. Even though she's not my own, I still love that little girl as if she was. Not only that but no matter how I treat Bahja, she's still there; something Nique will never do. My wife is independent, she can fend for herself. It feeds my ego to have someone depend on like Bahj does.

I sighed in frustration at all my problems. I couldn't deal with it now; I had to focus on getting my family back to normal. The divorce proceedings had been stopped temporarily and things were starting to get back to normal. I was back on the road again, splitting my time home between Atlanta and Los Angelos. I pulled into the driveway of my home and parked the rental car before stepping out and getting my bags out the trunk. I locked the car doors while starting up the steps. I unlocked the front door and walked inside, setting my bag beside me. I could hear the water running in the kitchen and the house smelled like food; they must've just had dinner. The water shut off right after the door closed loudly and I heard soft footsteps before my wife appeared in the doorway of the kitchen. I struggled for words as I took her all in; she still left me speechless with her beauty, even after all these years I still wanted her.

"Hey," She greeted quietly, trying to hide a smile.

"Where are the kids?" I questioned while walking towards her slowly.

"They're in bed already," Nique answered before walking forward and meeting me halfway. I pulled her close to me and kissed her neck. She wrapped her arms around me ran her fingers through my hair; I truly missed this. "I missed you, Zo....." she mumbled softly as she held me close to her.

"Why don't we follow by example and head on to bed, too?"

She laughed a bit, "I'm not tired though." I pulled away from her neck and smirked down at her.

"Who said we were going to sleep?" Nique seemed to catch my drift because she grabbed my hand and led me up the stairs, as if she just couldn't wait. I wrapped my arms around her curvy hips and carried her the rest of the way up the stairs. I've missed my family for so long and now that I'm here, I realize this where I belong. Daddy's home and this time, he's here to stay.

. . . . .

The next day I awoke to the sun shining in my face. My eyes fluttered open and I stared around the bedroom before checking the clock next to me. It was 1 P.M. Damn, I've slept that long? I got up quickly and slipped a pair of pajama pants on. I could her Nique and the kids downstairs; talking and laughing with each other. I couldn't help but smile as I thought of my night with her. My body was sore from all the fun we had last night. I wondered how she was feeling. I headed towards the bathroom but was cut short when my cell started to buzz on the nightstand. I picked it up and sighed softly when the name flashed across the screen: Bahja. I bit down on my bottom lip before hitting 'dismiss'. I'd deal with her later; I was where I belonged right now.