Chapter One

Run. Run and don't look back. He could be following me and I'm not going to lose focus on where I want to go. The Willow Tree. Just run faster, I kept telling myself. Once I got up and over the big hill I could see it. I remember rolling down these hills as a little girl, with my mother right behind me, we were really close. Of course being the person I am I still roll down these hills, even though that I am 19 now. My name is Ella; I have long brown hair that is just above my elbows. I am currently wearing my black converse that just go to my ankles, jean shorts, and a shirt that says FREE HUGS. I am not really the kind of girl to open up to people I don't know very well. I listen to a lot of music and my best friend Bethany is obsessed with the band One Direction, I don't necessarily hate them but I don't love them. Bethany is my one best friend, and one friend is good enough for me right now. I finally reached the tree, I am huffing and puffing. I sit down to calm myself, I can't believe I actually got away. I look down at my arms where the fresh bruises are. I close my eyes and just listen to the breeze.

~~

"Hey, I like your shirt!" I could tell that whoever said that had an Irish accent

I look up to find a boy with blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes staring down at me, then I notice he has the same shirt as me.

"Oh uh thanks" I let out a weak smile; I could feel my cheeks getting a light shade of pink. "I guess I should be embarrassed, that I am wearing a guy's shirt huh."

He chuckled at my comment. "Or I am just wearing a girl's shirt." He winked at me.

"Yeah, you could say that."

"Ella?" I heard that terrifying voice yell out. "Ella, where the hell are you?!" My face went pale, and I quickly stood up. His voice was far away and I could tell that he wasn't close to the park, but I didn't want to take any chances. I basically jumped up from where I was sitting.

"Hey what's the rush?" The blonde boy asked. "I don't even know your name."

"It doesn't matter; we probably won't see each other again. I have to go. Sorry, Goodbye" He frowned but I know I had to go. With that, I turned around and went to opposite way that I came. I walked to the very familiar house, with the London air blowing in my face.

-----------

"Ella Bella! Hey!" I smiled at my best friend's voice.

"Hey Bethy Wethy... Okay yeah that doesn't sound right." We both let out laughs. "Yeah, how about Beth for now, you tell me when you come up with a better name, yeah?"

"Haha alright. Hey can I uh, can I sleepover if it isn't too much to ask?"

"Do you ever have to ask? Of course come on in! You can just borrow some of my clothes!"

"Thank you so much, my dad was is a bad mood today, if you know what I mean."

"Oh Ella, are you okay? What did he do today?" I showed her my arm and stomach where the purple skin was "Ella.... I'll get you some ice what else do you need? Are you sure that you don't want me to tell anyone, I could you know? My mom adores you; you could probably be able to live with me!"

"We have already been over this Beth, I can't. You promised over everything that you wouldn't tell anyone, remember?"

"Yeah, yeah I know, I can't believe this is happening though, I mean your family used to be happy as ever before your mom left for the army."

"Look I know and I know I won't see her in a long time." I miss her so much, but I am not the kind of girl that likes to cry, so I just keep my feeling bottled up even when it comes to Bethany. "Can we just change the subject, please?"

"BOYS!!!!!" Beth yelled out then covering her mouth when she realized how late it was and how loud she was being.

We both bursted out laughing and shhh'ing each other at the same time, we didn't want to annoy her mum. "Okay, okay well Beth you go first" Since I didn't really enjoy talking about boys, I don't have an interest in any boys in my town, they are all dogs, they go after anything.

"Okay well there is this guy that I met in the super market, his name is Kevin. He is really hot!! I got his number."

"Oh goodness Beth!" I laugh.

"Yeah... Anyways what boys are you interested in now a days?!!?!?"

I stared at the ground thinking about the blonde haired boy. "Nobody." Beth simply replied with "Bull. I know your lying face. Spill. Now."

"Okay, wellwheniwasrunningawayikindametthisboyidontknowhisnameandwedidnttalklikeatallbutijustcantstopthinkabouthim!"

"WOAH ELLA, ENGLISH PLEASE?!"

I rolled my eyes and began to tell my story again. "Well, when I was running away I kind of met this boy I don't know his name and we didn't really talk much but I just can't stop thinking about him!"

"Ooooooooooo Ella Bella has a crush!!!"

"Beth! I don't even know his name!"

"Doesn't matter, it still counts! If you ever see him again you better point him out for me!"

"Ya, Ya, Okay. Goodnight B-Dog, thanks for everything."

"No Problem, Ella Bel- wait what!? B-Dog... oh you have got to be kidding me!"

"Hmm, Bethie?"

"Haha It's an improvement. G'night Ella."

"Night, Beth."

I couldn't stop thinking that boy; could I be falling for a boy that I didn't even know? No, don't be silly Ella he probably has a girlfriend or something. Well I don't think I'll ever see him again anyways. I closed my eyes and let sleep take over.