Chapter Twenty

A/N

The drawing in this chapter is my art. I worked really hard on it, so please do not copy or reuse it without my direct permission. Thank you.

SIX MONTHS LATER

ADRIEN POV

Marinette stands back, studying the decoration on the wall.

"Is it good?" she asks, looking back at me. I nod. It amazes me everyday that I can be near, have, and get so much love from this wonderful, beautiful human being.

Luka Couffaine walks in, nodding appreciatively. "Amazing," he says, dipping his head to my girlfriend. It's always weird when he's around, but I know I can trust Marinette, without playing clingy boyfriend.

Marinette smiles.

We're preparing a Kitty Section concert, and Marinette has been working all week on decorations.

She sits next to me, exhausted. Rose and Juleka walk in to help with the rest of the decorations. "This is amazing, Marinette!" Rose squeals. "Thank you, but I can't take all the credit. A lot of it was help from Alya." Marinette says modestly.

"She's just being humble, she did most of it," I interrupt.

Marinette rolls her eyes, but blushes.

As people file in and out, Marinette leans her head against my shoulder. "I'm tired," she yawns. "You did a lot of work," I respond.

"Do you want me to take you to home until tonight?" I offer. She nods.

When we leave the house boat, I transform into Chat Noir and take Marinette into my arms, and bring her home.

><><><><><

That night, Marinette and I dance for hours.

Soon, she whispers in my ear, asking me to take her out. We excuse ourselves quietly from the party, thanking Ms. Couffaine for letting us host the concert at her boat house.

We transform, and fly off to our favorite place, the Eiffel Tower. Ladybug kisses me softly, and we stand in silence. She leans against me, and I do the same.

"I love you." I tell her.

"I love you." she responds.

I feel our split hearts heal, joining together as one. I hold her closer, a rare state of content that was popping up more and more these days appearing.

Suddenly, I hear a growl from the city. We watch a huge monster climbing up buildings, heading straight for us.

An Akuma.

Still holding Ladybug, I look down at her, raising an eyebrow.

She laughs, booping me on the nose.

"You ready?" I ask. "Always." And holding hands, we jump out to face off the creature in front of us.

Together.

∞༺♥༻✧THE END∞༺♥༻✧