12

we got in my car, i insisted i drove.

Topper made Rafe sit in the back, and clambered into the passenger seat.

"hurry up, Juno!" he yelled.

"i'm fucking trying!"  

"let me drive!"

"you're drunk!"

"cut across the golf course!"

i pulled the wheel sharply and we veered across the course.

"you're going to pay for my tickets," i grumbled at Top, who was yelling at me to go faster.

i spotted the pogue's van and stamped on the breaks, turning of my headlights and cutting the engine.

"you're gonna have to walk from here. don't do anything stupid, ok?" i squeezed Topper's hand.

"alright, break it up," Rafe pried our fingers apart.

"yeah, yeah." Top opened the door quietly, sneaking off into the dark.

i climbed over the middle part into the back, into Rafe's lap.

"hey," i smirked.

"hey yourself,"

"something's telling me to drive off and leave Top to walk back." i looked into the darkness.

"you know you'd never do that to him," Rafe rolled his blue eyes.

"i know." i looked at my tattoo again. "i want one more thing, and i'll forgive you completely for tonight."

"what?"

"matching tattoos," i beamed.

"no way,"

"please! don't you feel left out? i've got one with Top, aren't you jealous?"

Rafe rolled his eyes again.

i stuck out my lip, batting my eyelashes.

he leaned forward, biting my lip.

"fine," he muttered, kissing me deeply.

we broke apart when a sharp knock sounded on the window.

i climbed off Rafe and opened the door.

JJ Maybank stood on the sand, Kiara behind him.

"oh, it's you," she said.

"what do you two want," i scowled, hopping out of the car, Rafe close behind.

"what are you doing here?" JJ looked us up and down, taking in my dress—which had slipped down, exposing a lot of cleavage.

he met my eyes, and i held his gaze, leaving my dress as it was.

"last i checked, this is a public place." Rafe gave JJ a filthy look, having seen where his eyes had lingered.

"don't you have houses to fuck each other in?" Kie stepped forward.

"doesn't your friend John B have other pogues to corrupt?" i spat. "or has he been through them all?"

"how do you know about that?" JJ said sharply.

"about him being a man-whore?" i laughed. "no, i know everything, about everyone. i've got eyes everywhere." i took an advancing step. "tell your friend to keep away from Sarah."

"or what, Wills?" Kie took another step.

"or i'll rip his head off, and use it as a hanging ornament." i wasn't backing down, so i closed the gap between us.