Chapter 2: Tell me!

‘’MUM! ANSWER ME! Who is SHE!?’’ I cried, Louis came and hugged me while I was crying my eyes out. ‘’Calm down, you’re scaring both your mum and me’’ he whispered calmly. Oh god, he wanted me to calm down.. HOW on EARTH could I calm down in this very moment.. I just found a birth certificate of an unknown girl I’ve never heard of, who apparently has the same last name as me and was born just TWO fucking minutes after ME!

When I was deep in my own thoughts and had tears falling from my eyes like they were in such a hurry, Louis suddenly poked me in the ribs making me glare at him. ‘’You’re making your mum cry haz..’’ he whispered sadly as he pointed at my mum standing behind the kitchen counter with her hands in front of her face, crying. I could feel the guilt build itself a tower inside me, making me cry even more. Louis quickly wiped away my tears with his hoodie-sleeve, and pushed me carefully in the back signaling me to go and talk to my mum. After a few steps towards her, I turned around and Louis was gone. He probably felt like we needed time alone, and he was probably right too. When I looked back again my mum sat quietly on the floor, crying, a lot.

I sat down beside my mum. It tore my heart apart that I made her cry like that. ‘’Are you okay mum?’’ I asked calmly, still having tears in my eyes. She took a deep breath and looked up at me, ‘’I’m so sorry for screaming like that, I shouldn’t have’’ I whispered and took my arm around her. She shook her head and sighed ‘’I’m the one who should be sorry, I’ve kept it a secret for too long Harry’’. I could see the sorrow in her eyes.

*Harry’s Mum’s POV*

He found out about it, I knew he would, but I didn’t know I had to tell him this soon. I should’ve told him ages ago, but everything changed, he’s an artist now. He’s famous! He’s a celebrity.. I thought… I thought that maybe I’d never have this conversation at all.

It’s hard to tell someone about the past, the past that hurts more than anything. Something I’ve tried to forget for years, but keep coming back and hunting me in my sleep. Making me feel like I’ve done something terrible wrong and there’s nothing I can do to change it. Yes, as other normal people I’ve done so many things I regret, but that one thing, I can’t go one day without thinking about it every hour, every minute and every second.

 -----------------------------------------

*FLASHBACK*

*Baby scream*

’Congratz! It’s a baby boy!’’ the doctor said holding up a beautiful boy.

’Do you already have a name put out for him?’’ he continued.

’Yes, Har..’’ I said, but was interrupted by pain.

’Oh god, there’s another one!’’ the doctor exclaimed.

’WAAAAAAIT WHAT?!’’ I cried in pain.

’It’s a baby girl!’’ she held her up, but I turned away and closed my eyes as hard I could with tears exploding.

‘’What’s wrong? I know it was unexpected, but.. Isn’t it just double happiness for you Ma’am?’’ she carefully said watching me cry my eyes out.

’I can’t.. I just can’t..’’ I whispered..

 -----------------------------------------

I took Harry's hand in mine, looked him in the eyes and sighed. I knew I had to tell him.. I rushed my fingers slowly trough his brown curly hair as I always did when we talked together, you know like.. mum-and-son talk. His clear green eyes was filled with tears, I didn't want to hurt my lovely baby.. I didn't ever want to see him like that because of the secret.